OT: Which Is Your Favorite Led Zeppelin Album?

bigbonzo

DFO Master
Reaction score
Led Zeppelin is one of my two favorite bands. I've got their entire collection and keep going back to their double record release, "Physical Graffiti".

I can't exactly put my finger on why, but it's definitely my favorite.

Which one of Led Zeppelin's records is your favorite?

Last edited:

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
LZ I. I love most of them, but LZ I came out of nowhere - between Good Times Bad Times and the intro drum fills setting the tone, blazing Communication Breakdown, epic Dazed & Confused, and dark How Many More times, the wailing guitars (yet also acoustic brilliance), thunderous bass lines, and Robert's screams........it changed the playing field.......and is bluesy as hell, too!

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
1....no....2....no...1...no...2...no...1.............

I'll take a double album remastered LZ 1/2 please.

Every song a winner.

After that?

It became more of a well I like THAT track or I like THIS track. But never liked EVERY track like those first two.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sheesh, so hard to pick just one...
But, I'd have to promote LZ II...
Desert island time, it would be a double album like Physical Graffiti just because of the greater volume of content (I'd really just grab me a boxed set but I think that would be cheatin'!!!!)

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd probably go with 1 just because it has to be one of the best debut albums with a great first song but 2 and 4 are great as well.

Doof

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hard choice as I like all of them. Something about the production on In Though the Outdoor puts it up there for me. I think also because I really started to get into them just before Bonham died and that album was being played a lot at the time. I had to discover their previous catalog after that.

I rally can’t put anything Bonham did above that Fool in the Rain track.

However, my favourite song of theirs is off PG - The Rover. Page’s solo on that is tasty.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Song Remains the Same!, and it's not even close. Studio, would have to be 2, 4, Physical, 3, Houses, 1, Presence, In Through, Coda.
Zep 2 was the 1st CD I ever got.
I was 11, and it changed my life.
*Good Times, is the best debut song of all time imo.
Just thought I'd throw that in

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
First cuts were the deepest. 1 & 3. But they been dead for how many years now? I have trouble understanding how-one can still- listen to them (the old albums) today (nearly 50 years later?!) hasn't every note been listened to/memorized/absorbed/ already? hasn't it been embedded in the subconscious already /yet?
Think the Sandy Denny stuff on IV wore well. I dunno I just can't go back there on any regular basis. Same with the Beatles, same with some Miles/Tony Williams...it's embedded. Same with 67 GTO's... Not a nostalgic romantic sort I guess except maybe 63 Studebaker Avanti's and 1971-some- pre emmision euro cars, Dino coupes and ..

Last edited:

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Physical Graffiti for me. So good.

But I've recently reached a point to where I'd be happy if I never heard another Led Zeppelin song again. I'm so over classic rock.

Last edited:

Latest posts