OT: Which Is Your Favorite Led Zeppelin Album?

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
But...see...your just wrong in that t-shirt thing....

On any given day you WILL see, and I HAVE seen Beatles, Stones, Floyd, Hendrix, Dead, Who, Queen, Rush, Van Halen, Led Zep, and a number of other old school shirts on kids. Heck...what about AC\DC...Black Sabbath...
Ozzie and Madonna?

Certain bands from that era are just "cool" and the kids know it. My 2 year old grandson is known to wear Pink Floyd DSOTM t-shirts and Beatles shirts. Lol

You make it sound like the schools and malls are full of kids JUST wearing Zep shirts. It's cool that they are wearing Zep shirts and all, but it's not like i's a tidal wave, at least from where I sit in South Jersey-not exactly a backwoods state as far as those things go lol.

What about Queen? Bohemian Rhapsody is released and my kids were all over it....

Anyway...lol. Great band....some seriously great tunes and all, but no more than any other number of great bands with seriously great tunes.

Oh, I tried to get through that article, I really did. In the end it was like reading about "My Son's Rock Band by His Mother". A similar article coulc have been written about ANY band by a FanBoy or FanGirl.... "And then...in 1968 they walked on water....blah blah blah..." Lol.

Final thought....Many other contenders for the "Mozart of our Age". Yes and Rush come to mind for two...
I guess that's why this thread is getting so much attention. I like debates like this.
There is no right, or wrong.
The only way we'll know for sure would require a time machine.
I could keep stating my argument, but it's futile.
I could go member, by member of the bands, etc etc...
The best way to judge would be to do a poll of people under 30, but idk how many members are under 30?
All I know, if I had to choose the complete works of 1 band to listen to the rest of my life, Zep would be it.
Zep 2, and TSRS here

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I wonder...Is there a person in the 7.7 billion plus here on earth who hasn't heard 7 Nation Army via repeated crowd singalongs at World Cup Tournaments?
You can put me in that camp for both 7NA and World Cup for that matter.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Lol, are you a politician?
First you Cherry picked only one of the stats. Btw I brought up stats 1990, and beyond, as per the article. In 2008, was it?, they released another set, and that went to #1 too.
My argument was Zep is passing the test of time, haven't they?
Since my observations, have basically been dismissed, I figured I'd throw up some really impressive stats.
You failed to bring up how popularity is judged today, especially by the younger generation. Social media!
Did I say all the malls are the same?
I said in that, and other posts...Go by a HS without a dress code, will you see Beatles tees? Maybe, but probably not. Will you see Zep, more than likely.
As the Beatles generation gets old, as does Zep's. Zep IMO, as well as sales, has easily overtaken all of those original rock bands in popularity.
Zep got their game, and longevity without the Sullivan show, without being on TV, without releasing singles, etc....
Where the Beatles talented song writers, hell yes. Again, 3 blind mice, or chop sticks are catchy tunes.
What Zep did, and is still doing has never been done before.
Will there be another band one day that does something similar? Maybe
But Zep is on a different level in every sence
1, 2,, 3, 4, Houses, Presence, PG, TSRS, In through, Coda....Zep released 10, not 8, and imo, didn't release a bad tune
It seems impossible that you could get so much wrong about your favorite band.

There were 8 studio albums. The Song Remains is, obviously, a live album and CODA is a compilation of live recordings and outtakes.

As for never recording a bad song, Hot Dog from In Through the Out Door is some corn-pone Hee-Haw BS.

To the previous poster, don't you find Yes and Rush to be just a bit too noodly doodly?

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Funny how these postings get off track and turn into arguments. Oh well...
Sorry, Bonzo....it was your thread...my sincere apologies for thread-crapping.

But to clarify, I never considered the discussion to be an argument, just a bit of back and forth between gentlemen...erm..."gentlepersons". A natural outgrowth of your initial question and pretty laid back lol.

If it would make things better, I will gladly delete my non-related side posts....

As to Yes and Rush being "noodly-doodly"....lol. Well, yes and no.

I was only thinking in regard to classical feel (Yes) and sheer volume of work, longevity and impact world-wide (Rush). Perhaps more "polished" is how I would compare them to Zeppelin.

I am actually a much bigger Zeppelin fan than I am a Yes or Rush fan...

Mongrel out.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It seems impossible that you could get so much wrong about your favorite band.

There were 8 studio albums. The Song Remains is, obviously, a live album and CODA is a compilation of live recordings and outtakes.

As for never recording a bad song, Hot Dog from In Through the Out Door is some corn-pone Hee-Haw BS.

To the previous poster, don't you find Yes and Rush to be just a bit too noodly doodly?
I was reading too fast I guess, and missed "Studio" (Coda is studio), but yes outtakes.
Ok, Hot Dog is debatable for sure, but out of about 100+ tunes released, that's one i may skip over occasionally.
I still believe what I believe. Bands like The Beatles won't have the staying power as Zep, and is fading fast (from the way I see it). Queen had some great tunes, but by no means was even the majority of their tunes all that good.
I don't apologize for anything I wrote, and firmly believe it.
Zep was on a different level in every way.
In 1970, didn't they have 3 album in the top 10? And that was with only releasing 1 single.
What they did, with no help from the media...well I don't like to say never again, but unlikely

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I remember watching MTV in 1988-91-ish, where they declared Guns N Roses to be the greatest rock n roll band of all time. That was on MTV, folks, so it's true. Never heard them mention GNR again after they aired "Smells Like Teen Sprit" though. So it's clearly Nirvana, and I judge that on high school t-shirts alone.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I remember watching MTV in 1988-91-ish, where they declared Guns N Roses to be the greatest rock n roll band of all time. That was on MTV, folks, so it's true. Never heard them mention GNR again after they aired "Smells Like Teen Sprit" though. So it's clearly Nirvana, and I judge that on high school t-shirts alone.
Wize guy huh ;)

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I was reading too fast I guess, and missed "Studio" (Coda is studio), but yes outtakes.
Ok, Hot Dog is debatable for sure, but out of about 100+ tunes released, that's one i may skip over occasionally.
I still believe what I believe. Bands like The Beatles won't have the staying power as Zep, and is fading fast (from the way I see it). Queen had some great tunes, but by no means was even the majority of their tunes all that good.
I don't apologize for anything I wrote, and firmly believe it.
Zep was on a different level in every way.
In 1970, didn't they have 3 album in the top 10? And that was with only releasing 1 single.
What they did, with no help from the media...well I don't like to say never again, but unlikely
On CODA, We’re Gonna Groove and I Can’t Quit You Baby are both from a January 1970 live show at the Royal Albert Hall, but with the applause removed.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
On CODA, We’re Gonna Groove and I Can’t Quit You Baby are both from a January 1970 live show at the Royal Albert Hall, but with the applause removed.
True, along with some other studio magic.
Both incredible tunes/performances! Especially the live version, with the funk break (We're gonna)

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Because some of you don't know: Seven Nation Army is that annoying song by The White Stripes that's played on one string.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ha, I know (I had to play it )
I believe that was a #1 song too. It was done by Jack White, with his sister doing her best Bonham on drums.

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Definitely Corn pone
Hee Haw music.
I love "Hot Dog".

Last edited:

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Can't understand how a band that put THIS out on their FIRST album....could put that on vinyl....lol

EVERY aspect of a great Zeppelin tune put in one place for easy access...I think my T goes up 250 points every time I listen to it...