header.nohb.html

OT why I dislike indoor football and baseball

JimmySticks

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i loved old stadiums and their quirks.....baseball infields in football....high screens in the outfield....peskys pole in fenway
monuments in old yankee stadium in centerfield....low left field porch in the polo grounds....character man!!!
I actually demolished the old Yankee Stadium. Greatest job I ever had in my long construction career.

Just so you know, I didn't want to do it, but it was coming down no matter what, so I did all I could to be there to tear down that beautiful Cathedral of Baseball. (All credit to that hated Beantown for keeping Fenway going).The new stadium was going up across the street at the same time we were tearing down the old one, so we used to flip them the bird whenever we could. We were a small proud crew! The old stadium and all it's history and quirks is sadly missed by every Yankee fan. The new stadium is...well, it's new, that's about it.

You could pretty much see the whole demolition on YouTube if you care.

gretschdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As well as general history, if we’re really being honest. I mean, facts don’t lie, do they?
As well as general history, if we’re really being honest. I mean, facts don’t lie, do they?
Going just on body count alone

The “0fficial” number is obviously unknown

Let’s just say it’s better left unsolved