OT. Windows Problem Help Needed

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yup Windows of the pc kind.
Stuck in Failure configuring Windows update loop.
How do I get off this perpetual , relentless and dizzying merry-go-round?

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
boot in safe mode tapping f* oops F8 key...then restore point previous. Kidding. I just usually go on luck.
Luck works as well as anything )lol

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yup Windows of the pc kind.
Stuck in Failure configuring Windows update loop.
How do I get off this perpetual , relentless and dizzying merry-go-round?
To answer this specific question:
Right click the Task Bar and open Task Manager
You should see the Windows Updates under the application tab
Click it and choose end task.

rondrums51

rondrums51
Reaction score
Try a system restore point. That worked for me when my computer got hung up during one of those nasty Windows updates.

A computer tech at my university told me that Windows is essentially malware. It plants crap on your computer that you don't want want and didn't ask for. He said most Windows updates are because Microsoft has signed contracts with various software companies, installing more garbage on your hard drive that you don't need.

I need a Windows PC because I have to use various Microsoft programs, but I much prefer my Chromebook. No Windows, and it boots up ready to go in five seconds. I can go online and do all my usual stuff without having to worry about all the stupid Windows bull****. I paid $189 for it.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Try a system restore point. That worked for me when my computer got hung up during one of those nasty Windows updates.

A computer tech at my university told me that Windows is essentially malware. It plants crap on your computer that you don't want want and didn't ask for. He said most Windows updates are because Microsoft has signed contracts with various software companies, installing more garbage on your hard drive that you don't need.

I need a Windows PC because I have to use various Microsoft programs, but I much prefer my Chromebook. No Windows, and it boots up ready to go in five seconds. I can go online and do all my usual stuff without having to worry about all the stupid Windows bull****. I paid $189 for it.
I use the iPad ,iPad mini and iPhone for just about everything. Mainly use the pc for all backup storage large files , pics,vids ,documents ect. The Mac pc might be coming sooner than later.

rondrums51

rondrums51
Reaction score
Tap CTRL+ALT+ Delete, that'll give you an option for task manager. Be patient it could take a couple minutes to respond.
The reason that Task Manager takes so long to pop up is because of all the background garbage in Windows. Windows clogs up your RAM and hard drive with crap you don't want. I think Windows is the greatest con job of all time.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
I can tell you this much. The automatic update function on mine has been disabled. There will be no further garbage installed. Thank you all for your support !

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I can tell you this much. The automatic update function on mine has been disabled. There will be no further garbage installed. Thank you all for your support !
Me too, a couple of months ago, while performing automatic updates. My system crashed and, after hours of consternation, Microsoft and Dell said too bad. So I swapped in a cloned hard drive and was back up with no further issues. Disabled automatic updates. The only way to fly! FU Microsoft and Dell.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
After January 14, 2020, if your PC is runningWindows 7, it will no longer receive security updates.

So if that's what you have, won't be bothered after jan 2020

Latest posts