OT: Your Favorite Live Album?

bigbonzo

DFO Master
Reaction score
Since we've had a lot of "what's your favorite" stuff, I thought I'd ask what your favorite live album is.

Mine is the first Grand Funk live album, simply called "Live Album".

I have a lot of other favorite bands, drummers and such, but I absolutely love this live album.

So, what's your favorite live album?

Last edited:

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed live albums.
From my youth:
Kiss -Alive and Alive II
Iron Maiden - Live After Death - had this on vinyl just for the booklet with the live pictures of Nicko's Kit
Rush - All The World's a Stage, Exit Stage Left, then a little later A Show of Hands

More recent Favorites:
George Strait - Live for the last time Astrodome
Eric Clapton and Steve Windwood -Live From Madison Square Garden
Linda Ronstadt Live in Hollywood

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch.
edit: Led Zepplin Song Remains the Same (though I liked the recordings of How the West was Won better)
The Band The Last Waltz

Here's Rolling Stone's List for debate ;)
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/50-greatest-live-albums-of-all-time-173246/

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There are so many, but this one always jumps to my mind first for favorite live albums.View attachment 395254

Beat me to it! Mine too. Seconds Out was my introduction to prog-rock. I love how they kept the live feel on the recording. The mix of the music and audience is the one live album that makes me feel like I'm there. Fantastic!

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Tom Dowd's remastered Allman Brothers Live At the Filmore East. There is a lot of wizardry on Dowd's part in remastering this concert audio considering how little it resembles the original and Dowd himself admits this. Still, putting that aside it is a masterpiece, so good in fact that it makes the original unlistenable.

gbow

Reaction score
Lots of old favorites, many listed above, but my new favorite is:

Joe Bonamassa - Live at Carnegie Hall: An Acoustic Evening

gabo

sptucker

Reaction score
+1 for The Who Live at Leeds. I prefer the original release version over the Deluxe versions...

I also really love Dada Live: Official Bootleg, Volume 1. A lesser known band that is very under-rated IMHO.

An all-time favorite live song is Cook With Fire from Heart's Dog & Butterfly album. Michael Derozier kicks some serious ass on this.

Latest posts