OT: Your Favorite Live DVD?

bigbonzo

DFO Master
Reaction score
Seeing the success of the "Favorite Live Album" thread, I'd like to continue along the same vein.

What is your favorite Live DVD?

Mine are "Time Machine" by Rush and "Garden Of The Titans" by Opeth.

I'm a big Rush fan, and was at the "Time Machine" concert in Cleveland Ohio.

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Live in Paris - Diana Krall. Nothing comes close - Jeff Hamilton is absolutely killing it.

Second place is either The Avett Brothers Volume 3, or The Milk Carton Kids Live from The Lincoln Theatre

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What was the DVD that Page put out about 15 years ago that showed Zepplin playing live through the decades, How the West Was Won? That is mine, pretty incredible footage of the trajectory of that great band. Lots of little gems tucked away in there also.

Beatnik

Johnson
Reaction score
To many for me.

Really like Kansas - Device Voice Drum, it's up at the top of my list.

Recently was watching Queensryche - Live Evolution and it was excellent.

Iron Maiden - The Early Days disc 1

Trouble - Live in Stockholm

Solitude Aeturnus - Hour of Despair

Dio - Holy Diver, Sacred Heart

Heaven and Hell - Radio City Music Hall

Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (Blizzard Tour)

Overkill - Wrecking Everything

Testament - Live in London

and more....

Saxon - Live Legends

Accept - Restless and Live (Mark Tornillo)

Judas Priest - Rising in the East, Epitaph (Faulkner), Live in London (Ripper) all Scott Travis

Last edited:

polycrescendo

Reaction score
I used to have a VHS copy of a LaserDisc with an old Van Halen live show, packed with interviews and probably my first favorite drum solo from Alex. At one point he is doing paradiddles with his feet...
Another good one is Meshuggah "Alive" dvd with lots of good footage from Japan. Not for the faint of heart.

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
My favorite is the 2007 Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival. So many great artists, so much fabulous material. Derek Trucks playing with numerous acts, Stevie Winwood ("Can't Find My way Home), John Mayer ("Gravity"), Jeff Beck and so many more.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Rush in Rio, the concert is great but the extra footage is really great
+1 on LZ How the West was won
I believe there's a DVD for Last of the Breed? I went to the concert, Willie Nelson, Ray Price and Merle Haggard with Asleep at the Wheel as the backing band. So glad I went as Price and Haggard are no longer with us and Willie was great having to do the songs more like the record since that's how AATW was covering them.

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My favorite is the 2007 Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival. So many great artists, so much fabulous material. Derek Trucks playing with numerous acts, Stevie Winwood ("Can't Find My way Home), John Mayer ("Gravity"), Jeff Beck and so many more.
That is a great one also - Steve Jordan laying down smoldering grooves if I recall correctly.

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm glad someone mentioned DK Live in Paris, but my favorite these days is Jeff Beck at the Hollywood Bowl. The interplay between him and Jan Hammer is inspirational, and John Josephson kills on drums.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Van Morrison - Live at Montreux 1980

Ptrick

Reaction score
I'm glad someone mentioned DK Live in Paris, but my favorite these days is Jeff Beck at the Hollywood Bowl. The interplay between him and Jan Hammer is inspirational, and John Josephson kills on drums.

That’s a good one. My favorite is Beck’s “live at Ronnie Scott’s”
because of Vinnie and Tal.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
...too many to comprehend....Jazz on a summer's day, Miles Davis / Tadd Dameron Quintet in Paris 1949, Bill Evans Trio Live at Shelly's Manne-Hole, Diana Krall Live in Paris, Diana Krall Live in Rio, Norah Jones Live in New Orleans, Ahmad Jamal Live at the Montreal Jazz Festival 1985, Woodstock: Music from the original soundtrack, Monterey Pop, Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore East, Celebration at Big Sur, Message to love: The Isle of Wight Festival...and finally, a Peter, Paul and Mary live album my brother recorded onto a 5" reel (remember reel-to-reel?) back in the 60's.

Elvis

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
a Peter, Paul and Mary live album my brother recorded onto a 5" reel (remember reel-to-reel?) back in the 60's.

Elvis

Paul Talks ... one of my favorite parts of their concerts.
Even his solo shows feature the standup.
He is a very funny guy.

Latest posts