Other than drums....

JoePasko2002

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have been working my Hohner Echo tremolo harmonica into the act, while trying to maintain my primary role as percussionist, at the same time !! (challenging). Pics from yesterday's show in Albany.

The Echo is at least twice as big as a standard blues harp, and you can play it from either side (2 different keys, one on each side)

Attachments

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Bass and hand percussion are my other instruments that I play well enough to gig. I have been making a concentrated effort in the past six months to improve as a guitarist.

SlingyFan

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My recent project is a steel drum trio. I am playing single and triple cello pans. Been on it just a little over a year and really starting to get into it. Learning a lot about music theory.

Attachments

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
SlingyFan said:
My recent project is a steel drum trio. I am playing single and triple cello pans. Been on it just a little over a year and really starting to get into it. Learning a lot about music theory.
Really cool! I know a lot about music theory from a physics standpoint. I would like to do that. Ace

Jayson

Reaction score
guitar, bass, piano, keyboard, violin (forgotten), mandolin (forgotten), trumpet (forgotten), sax (forgotten)

Anyway, my best ones are guitar and keyboard at the moment.

bonzo60

Reaction score
Trumpet, some Bass and Piano. I've really been enjoying my harp thru a really nice champ style amp. It's 5 watts with modified circuits and tubes that overdrive more easily.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Guitar for 22 years (self taught), including electric & acoustic. I've been playing bass on and off for about 25 years (electric and fretless electric)......I also bought a piano a few years ago and have been noodling around. Tons of percussion. Used to play violin in 3rd - 7th grade - still have it but haven't played in ages......

I wish I knew how to trumpet or sax........
Pretty much my story too. except the bass and the piano bit. I played clarinet and bass clarinet in my schoolboy days before picking up the guitar.

MicD

Reaction score
Piano and bass for me. Piano mostly for ear training, composing and arranging. Bass, mostly for playing grooves with my drum students.:)