Our band is changing our name

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Not an easy thing since we feel we’ve been working hard of this project sine 2013. The DrD Band will be changing it’s name. We really don’t have a following unlike my Tom Petty band who packs them in.

We’ve always been a 70’s band and we feel our name reflects no meaning. The band is blazing! BUT we’re having a tough time competing with tribute bands.

So we’re going to rebrand ourselves as a 70’s tribute band. It’s time... every one in the band doesn’t want to call it quits. We actually are excited about making a definite shift in creating a show rather than just six schlubs playing on stage.

Onward!

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think you hit it on the head with 'creating a show'...with so much competition for people's time and money I think you've gotta create an event/happening.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
What's the new name?
I would LOVE to change the name of our band - after 3 years we have a steady line up of gigs at several clubs and we're seeing
familiar faces at shows but I'm out numbered on a change....

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Still deciding but we’ve got some great ideas! Stay tuned!

Trommeslager

Reaction score
Is your new name as good as:

The Scooby Doobies?

New England Dan and the Big River Band?

Coop and the DeVilles?

Thunder Island Band?

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Great idea Dan!

Okay, some more cuckoo names:

The Carpel Tunnelers
Mort Certaine and the Tomb Dwellers

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not an easy thing since we feel we’ve been working hard of this project sine 2013. The DrD Band will be changing it’s name. We really don’t have a following unlike my Tom Petty band who packs them in.

We’ve always been a 70’s band and we feel our name reflects no meaning. The band is blazing! BUT we’re having a tough time competing with tribute bands.

So we’re going to rebrand ourselves as a 70’s tribute band. It’s time... every one in the band doesn’t want to call it quits. We actually are excited about making a definite shift in creating a show rather than just six schlubs playing on stage.

Onward!
Make sure you search Urban Dictionary BEFORE you name the band.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
wish we'd change the name on one of my bands. It started as a one off Halloween show and the band name was sortof a joke at the time "Saddle Sores" now 2 years later the band is going strong and we are getting some pretty good gigs but would be hard to change the name now.

drummertom

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Good luck on the change, Dan. Always a tough process for any band I've been in, struggling with it now.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Urban Dictionary? That's probably what you should be perusing for band name ideas. It's a time honored tradition.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
wish we'd change the name on one of my bands. It started as a one off Halloween show and the band name was sortof a joke at the time "Saddle Sores" now 2 years later the band is going strong and we are getting some pretty good gigs but would be hard to change the name now.
How about saddle "soars" instead of sores???

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What's the new name?
I would LOVE to change the name of our band - after 3 years we have a steady line up of gigs at several clubs and we're seeing
familiar faces at shows but I'm out numbered on a change....
If you have a reputation, fan base, and steady supply of gigs, why would you want to change the name?

Latest posts