Our first Bob Seger tribute gig is tonight!

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
For the City of Parkland Florida - outdoor fair and concert. Here's our set list for tonight - ( we had to put Travelin Man - Beautiful Loser on the back burner
due to some line up changes )
The band consists of 2 guitar players, bass, drums, two keyboard players, two sax players ( one of the keys players doubles on sax )
3 of the above players sing back up as well - We're super excited to play tonight!!

NINE TONIGHT
TRYING TO LIVE ME LIFE WITHOUT YOU
HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS
HEY HEY HEY
MAIN STREET
AGAINST THE WIND
GET OUT OF DENVER
THE FIRE DOWN BELOW
HER STRUT
FEEL LIKE A NUMBER
ROLL ME AWAY
BETTY LOU
YOU’LL ACCOMPANY ME
NIGHT MOVES
TURN THE PAGE
ROCK AND ROLL NEVER FORGETS
SUNSPOT
COME TO PAPA
SHAME ON THE MOON
STILL THE SAME
CEST LA VIE
NUTBUSH CITY LIMITS
DOWNTOWN TRIAN
LIKE A ROCK
OLD TIME R AND R
RAMBLIN GAMBLIN MAN

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
How’d it go?
It went really well! I was just hoping for a bigger crowd - even though the event was outside in South Florida, it was down in the 50's that night. I made a couple mistakes, starting the wrong song, getting lost in the set list a couple of times. They were songs the whole band started but I recovered quickly - I'll pay better attention at this weekends gig!

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
Nice set list, but I didn't see Katmandu??
Katmandu and Travelin Man into Beautiful Loser had to take a back seat due to some lineup changes since there wasn't enough time to learn but they will be added and performed soon enough

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Pete, I was born in Detroit in 1955 and was RAISED on Seger. My sister, 5 years older than me, saw Seger in a small club when he was ready to quit the business because he wasn't getting famous yet. Had to be around 1968 or so. Your set list is impressive. Of course you have to cover all the years. I'll ask, though, did you ever consider the song "2+2=?". I used to hear this all the time on the radio, along with "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man", in Detroit as a teenager. And I was fortunate enough to see the last tour. The drummer was a friend of a friend and SOMEHOW, I ended up with an autographed Seger drum head. Bob does NOT easily autograph things.
Stretch

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great gig and setlist!

I saw Bob Seger in 2015 in San Jose on the Ride Out tour - just absolutely a killer show!!! My wife really had no clue who he was......
the drummer was Don Brewer from Grand Funk - and he crushed it!

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
Pete, I was born in Detroit in 1955 and was RAISED on Seger. My sister, 5 years older than me, saw Seger in a small club when he was ready to quit the business because he wasn't getting famous yet. Had to be around 1968 or so. Your set list is impressive. Of course you have to cover all the years. I'll ask, though, did you ever consider the song "2+2=?". I used to hear this all the time on the radio, along with "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man", in Detroit as a teenager. And I was fortunate enough to see the last tour. The drummer was a friend of a friend and SOMEHOW, I ended up with an autographed Seger drum head. Bob does NOT easily autograph things.
Stretch
I’ve never heard that song before but I’ll mention it to the guys
Gotcha. Been there. Sounds like a fun band!
it is! We have drums, bass, two guitars and two keyboard players, one that doubles on Sax plus another Sax player and three of the members sing background harmonies - 9 people all together