Our latest piece

Spooky

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi, things have all ground to a halt with this Covid, like lot of you , we had a nice summer full of gigs and festivals booked but all cancelled , we have released our latest track later than planned but I can finally share it!
If you look carefully you can see me running on the beach, we got up super early to catch a misty sunrise, in Feb it was freezing but looks good.
Here it is
Thanks for watching
Spooky

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is a busy video................sounds great

Skinsmannn

Reaction score
Really nice job. Do tell about your snare....I like the sound!
I remember when you joined the forum. Your growth has been some real fun to watch.
Dont ever stop. Youve got it. Savvy?

Spooky

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You guys have that retro-80s sound nailed. It's a new song, sure, but I hear elements of The Cure, Psychedelic Furs, Icicle Works, Flock of Seagulls, etc. Maybe some Killers sprinkled on top? I like this band's sound a lot.

Dan
Yes, quite influenced by those, Connor the guitarist and me!

Spooky

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I remember when you joined the forum. Your growth has been some real fun to watch.
Thanks, I e had a lot of encouragement from the forum, so I like to share.
The snare I used is the Taylor Hawkins steel snare by Gretch
thank you, I have got a lot of advice and encouragement from this forum, so like to share.
The snare I used is the Taylor Hawkins sig snare from Gretsch, I be had it a few years.
Spooky

supershifter2

DFO Star
Reaction score
Hi, things have all ground to a halt with this Covid, like lot of you , we had a nice summer full of gigs and festivals booked but all cancelled , we have released our latest track later than planned but I can finally share it!
If you look carefully you can see me running on the beach, we got up super early to catch a misty sunrise, in Feb it was freezing but looks good.
Here it is
Thanks for watching
Spooky
Awesome ! I like that song

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Great song Spooky! The only real problem I have with the video is that somewhere it needed to show you playing drums. :)

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
simply great....liked all the starts and stops...and when you went to 16ths on the hats.... how many in the band?

what are you doing to keep musical with everything cancelled?

Spooky

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
simply great....liked all the starts and stops...and when you went to 16ths on the hats.... how many in the band?

what are you doing to keep musical with everything cancelled?
Thanks,
There’s 5 of us, been busy recording some simple stuff of my own, vocals and guitar.
I go into my Mini studio/ drum room and try stuff out, mainly drumming and guitar , bass and vocals.
Been playing around with a few effects, it’s fun and relaxing.
miss playing live a lot though

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
miss playing live a lot though
It's like that worldwide. I've had no less than 5 gigs cancelled at the last possible minute, along with one gig booked at the beginning of the lockdown, which I thought was odd...and then cancelled anyway. Since February, I have played 3 songs, having sat in with my gf's 80s band at an outdoor gig. I'm burning to play!

Dan

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
I love your band’s music ever since the first song you posted here.
If venues were open and I lived where you guys are everyone in the venue would be saying “Why is that old geezer here?”

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score
You play with confidence and authority , hold it down real solid , relentless , consistent . Your band is all fresh faced and healthy looking , maybe maybe maybe for sure , huh ? You got the the goods , keep your eyes on the prize .

Well produced and mastered . Smooth without being sterile , kinda the good 80's like Dream Academy .

Last edited: