header.nohb.html

Overnight price jump on drumsticks. Did anyone notice this or any other hikes?

chakosticks

Reaction score
Musician's Friend has a 20% off sale going for October so I was going to stock up on sticks (and bypass calling a rep for a deal). Yesterday I put 6 pairs of Promark 747 Oak wood tip at $15.99 -20%, and 6 pairs of Promark 747 FireGrain wood tip at $12.99 -20% in my cart for a total of $139.10 ($11.59 total per pair)

I didn't check out, and I went back today to my cart and the 747 oak sticks jumped to $20.99/pair and the 747 FireGrain jumped to $16.99/pair, bringing the cart total after 20% discount to $182.30 ($15.19 total per pair)

I love the oak 747s, they never break on me and they do last me an exceptionally long time compared to hickory sticks (usually until the wood tip wears down/splinters, maybe 6 months of almost daily use), but $20.99 for one pair is insane for a "breakable" that could theoretically break the first time you use it.

I noticed Sweetwater has the oak 747s for $18.99/pair, which is more than they were but not as bad as Musician's Friend. Has anyone else noticed an overnight price jump like this on anything they've been watching?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 12.58.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 12.58.34 PM.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 1.02.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 1.02.07 PM.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 20

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yeah, coffee creamer is a whole $1 more than it was last week and butter is $6/lb.

It's the world we live in now.

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sticks? I haven’t even been to the grocery store in weeks. It’s too depressing, especially when four plastic bags of groceries adds up to $150.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sticks? I haven’t even been to the grocery store in weeks. It’s too depressing, especially when four plastic bags of groceries adds up to $150.
We do ok and wonder how 20-somethings on their own are getting by. I'm just stunned at how expensive things are and like many that's changing our eating habits.

My CEO and I were talking and agree that it's sort of leading to a food desert situation where people are buying hot dogs and cheap ramen instead of healthy food. We see us doing that instinctively.

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
We do ok and wonder how 20-somethings on their own are getting by. I'm just stunned at how expensive things are and like many that's changing our eating habits.

My CEO and I were talking and agree that it's sort of leading to a food desert situation where people are buying hot dogs and cheap ramen instead of healthy food. We see us doing that instinctively.
Exactly! Pretty soon we’ll be living on potatoes. Hope there’s not a famine. ;-)

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

A health conscious person to another, try bean burritos. Get some fat-free refried beans at the store, maybe get some whole wheat tortillas and make some burritos. Add some cheese if you want. I need to watch the cheese because I have high cholesterol but bean and cheese burritos are healthy and cheap. When I was fat in high school and there was nothing healthy to eat there, a nutritionist told me to eat the Taco Bell microwaved bean/cheese burritos they had there because they were actually pretty healthy. I still do that today just not the microwaveable ones

dingaling

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I haven’t bought sticks in years and I play at least an hour a day. Maybe don’t hit so hard? Unless it’s part of the act.

I used to do experiments with students about volume and stick stoke. I’m convinced the huge over the head stick strokes are for the the “mtv” affect only. I get Travis Barker has to do it but it’s part of his “act” and he makes millions playing the part so no fault there. But most of us could get away with playing loud enough for any gig at reasonable stick heights and enough technique to keep sticks in good shape for months, or even years.