header.nohb.html

Overnight price jump on drumsticks. Did anyone notice this or any other hikes?

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I get through quite a few sticks.
It's really all about what the music needs.
If the music needs louder playing, my sticks can wear out. If the music requires rimshots, my sticks can wear out. If the music requires choppy, half open hi-hat, my sticks can wear out.
Sticks are 'consumables' unfortunately.
What’s your take on drumheads? Are you the kinda guy that likes to play on them as long as you can so they have that worn-in thing going on or do you like fresh heads all the time? Or a little bit of both?

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I get through quite a few sticks.
It's really all about what the music needs.
If the music needs louder playing, my sticks can wear out. If the music requires rimshots, my sticks can wear out. If the music requires choppy, half open hi-hat, my sticks can wear out.
Sticks are 'consumables' unfortunately.
Most of the gigs I get require all that stuff, so a few years ago I used a no-expiration GC drum-off judging coupon for 20% off an entire order (I saved it for at least 10 years), and bought a huge pile of the Vaters I use for prob half what they're going for now. Clearly I'm very pleased with myself for executing that maneuver. If I got hit by a bus I suppose my widow could sell whatever remains of that pile to the local drum shop for a pretty penny.

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
We shouldn’t have much to discuss because the forum rules are pretty clear but just in case you missed it…

“Introductions and chit-chat and general topics, Pretty much anything But NO Politics and NO Religion.”

So yeah, per the forum rules there is nothing to discuss here when it comes to the “government”

What part of the DFO rules are unclear to you?
Was that your attempt to "stick" it to me? Your impertinence is not helpful.

I hope your day is a pleasant as you are sir.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I haven’t read this whole thread but I just paid 10.99 plus tax for a pair of Vater 5As at Sam Ash

Lennykenard

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Zildjian Dip 5A and 7A. Nylon tip. Preferably purple, but good with black. If anyone wants to get rid of theirs for a reasonable price let me know!

Frank Godiva

DFO Master
Reaction score
Was that your attempt to "stick" it to me? Your impertinence is not helpful.

I hope your day is a pleasant as you are sir.

Not into sticking it to anyone; what ever that is.

We all follow the same guidelines; no politics. It’s that simple; I do it myself and so does ever other forum member.

Sorry that pointing out the forum rules; which you call “impertinence”
is so unpleasant for you.

Someone who has no respect for the forum rules is the definition of impertinence.

It’s a drum forum…

coastie

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Chris Bennett at Bopworks told me that there is a dire shortage of dowels.
Ah yes, the (nowadays) old supply chain excuse. It’s so common now it’s almost the norm. Thanks to Covid the world took a year and a half off and we’re gonna feel it for awhile.

cribbon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Guy at a local drum shop told me today that D'addario (Evans heads, Pro-Mark sticks) is implementing a 15-30% price increase starting this Friday (10/7).

Drum Mer

DFO Master
Reaction score
I still don’t know whats worse.

Restaurants/bars that pay a band of 4 only 200 bucks, or the rised stick price.

I think I stick…. to both.

Guy at a local drum shop told me today that D'addario (Evans heads, Pro-Mark sticks) is implementing a 15-30% price increase starting this Friday (10/7).

And I expect they still end up being more affordable than Remo.

But playing an instrument isn’t for the kids or hobbyists with lower income anymore.

Igen Drum Sticks

Making Drumsticks since 1984
Reaction score
Love it! My dowel prices not more expensive, because I make my own. That being said, Daddario bought a main supplier of dowels that used to supply everyone...all good news for me consolidation of drumsticks, corporations raising prices because they can...also i am well positioned because can create extinct sticks, and sticks that are low volume sellers including nylon, because stick corporations need to have production on common models that sell and must discontinue those that don't sell well. More expensive and less choices that is new paradigm

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I can't find Regal Tip 5A Nylon at ANY price!

I feel your pain.

What is the best alternative on the market to a Regal Tip 5a? I'm down to my last 3-4 pairs of wood tip 5a's and 5ax's that aren't destroyed. I've still got one pair of 5B nylons. Those might become family hierlooms.

Neilrush88

Reaction score
Few years ago, in my country the sticks cost 1/3 that actual price, that is insane!!