Overpriced vsts

Drm1979

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So I've just about decided that there are some drum and studio vsts that are way overpriced for what they are and that they eat up computer resources for no good reason at all. I was finally able to get the free version of steven slate drums downloaded to my computer this weekend and while the options it had on it was cool there was nothing on it that i cant do in my daw to achieve the same sounds on a lower priced or even free vst. Plus steve slate kept freezing up my computer and crashing my daw. I have the free drum vst mt power drum kit, and i purchased anarchy drums, riot drums and dieswitch drums from ugritone and have been using them for about 6 months now and can complete the same sounds and effects using the plugins available in my daw and it cost way less than what the 150 pricetag is for steven slate drums. This is just my 2 cents as i was obsessing over wanting to get steven slate drums but after messing with the free version this weekend i decided that it was way overhyped. So if anybody is looking for more affordable oprions for drum vsts id recommend mt power drumkit and a visit to the ugritone website to look at their offerings as they are cheaper than most of the other competitors out there. And ugritone puts their vsts on sale quite often. I only paid $45 for the 3 vsts that i got from them. Also waveform 11 by tracktion is a free daw that can easily accept other 3rd party plugins. So lots of free options for sound production out there. Ok rant over.

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As a differing viewpoint, I just paid $399 for Superior Drummer 3, and don’t feel like I overpaid at all. There’s no comparison with the cheaper VSTs, IMO. And that includes Slate and EZ Drummer. SD3 is head and shoulders above.