Oyster Black kit value ?

shuffle

DFO Master
Reaction score
I know you know.
Chk those resno edges!
Its a great looking kit!
Looks like theres an inch difference in the 2 ride toms.
It looks 12,13 16,20 to me,but,my eyes arent too good anymore.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yeah for sure , no bottom hoops can be scary, kit’s probably been in the basement since 1965
Going to look tomorrow 5 min from me. Maybe he has the jazzfest too . I better bring cash

Ludwigboy

Reaction score
Nice find! Going by the '67 Ludwig catalog ( which I think covered 1966 models and maybe 1965 models) , it may be a Ludwig Hollywood set! Maybe came with a Supraphonic? Do the drums have any date stamps in the interiors?

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
These cool deals are popping all over the place the past couple of weeks. Go get 'em....including the original snare drum.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Pristine they’re not!
Just gave them the once over, these puppy’s are used as in well used to slightly abused.
Edges rough, seam lift on the bass and FT. Spider cracking on the rash panel of the 12. Hardware is banged up, rusty and pitted. No reso hoops or rods as of yet.
Typical 60 70’s no cases , thrown around a lot of nicks scratches . Interiors so so.

The good. Spurs are still sharp, overall color is strong ,badges intact and good shape. No xtra holes or mods.

This could definitely be brought back to its former glory , but would take a full restoration effort and some replacement parts.
I have no desire to take on such a project, I’m done with all that.
I would gladly broker the deal if anyone is interested and it gets that far.

I told him We’ll talk later. Didn’t talk money.... he’s on the fence keeping vs selling. This is probably to much for him as well I think he’d jump on the right offer. Sounds like the Supra that came with the kit might be available as well.