Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember where I was the day Reagan was shot. I remember where I was the day the Challenger exploded. I remember where I was the day the federal building in Oklahoma City was bombed. I remember where I was the day the World Trade Center was attacked.

I remember where I was the day Ozzy bit the head off a bat. Not really. ;-)

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Plus he had a very memorable reality TV show for four glorious seasons.
The only reason to watch that show, for me at least was to see Ozzy rambling around in a stupor in a bathrobe mumbling things nobody could understand.

He and Sharon (yeah, I can hear folks here spitting right now at the mention of Sharon) were on Howard Stern's show and Ozzy launched into a completely incoherent stream of consciousness.

There was a long pause when he finished when Sharon said "Want me to translate that for you"?

:icon_lol:

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason to watch that show, for me at least was to see Ozzy rambling around in a stupor in a bathrobe mumbling things nobody could understand.

He and Sharon (yeah, I can hear folks here spitting right now at the mention of Sharon) were on Howard Stern's show and Ozzy launched into a completely incoherent stream of consciousness.

There was a long pause when he finished when Sharon said "Want me to translate that for you"?

:icon_lol:
As I said: GLORIOUS. Final answer.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
No
He got to be in bands with 3 of the most legendary hard rock and metal guitarists ever: Tony, Randy, Jake. I don't think anyone else managed to top that.

Worth a mention.
None of his lead players were remotely slouches. The guy's a talent magnet.
I was stoked when Gus was landed the gig. I wonder if his caricature of Zakk in this tune got him the call.
He's like a laser gunner shooting from the roof of Snowy's drumming hotrod. How could he not eventually land that gig after recording this?

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Here’s what Vistalite Black thinks! Ozzy stopped being cool when he fired Lee Kerslake, stiffed him on royalties, retaliated to Kerslake’s lawsuits by having the drummers’s parts re-recorded and, finally, prevented Kerslake from receiving the platinum record award he had earned — even while Kerslake was dying of cancer! Ozzy eventually sent the platinum award when Kerslake was literally on his deathbed, but too little too late.

Sharon = Mephistopheles

Last edited:

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s what Vistalite Black thinks! Ozzy stopped being cool when he fired Lee Kerslake, stiffed him on royalties, retaliated to Kerslake’s lawsuits by having the drummers’s parts re-recorded and, finally, prevented Kerslake from receiving the platinum record award he had earned — even while Kerslake was dying of cancer! Ozzy eventually sent the platinum award when Kerslake was literally on his deathbed, but too little too late.
I like how Vistalite Black refers to Vistalite Black in the third person.