P00der2 strikes again...

DanC

"Get in, sit down, shut up, hold on"
Reaction score
Somewhere in Florida, behind a Rogers kit
What? You're kidding, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-CLEAN-1960s-ROGERS-SNARE-DRUM-STRAINER_W0QQitemZ300356560462QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45eea5664e

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
That's maybe the lowest priced item she has put up for sale I can remember. She must be getting free listing fees, cause the same overpriced stuff come up again and again.

madchops82

DFO Master
Reaction score
This constant barrage of overpriced insults is insulting. I would barely think of selling even a reg snare DRUM with that strainer for that price. What gives!!??

her prices are a pooper. That is what the id should be.

Advice to Pooder2.

Start your auctions at no reserve and you'll get what they're worth.
Why insult people with such high prices w/out a website.

Does she/he have a website?

madchops82

DFO Master
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I have one that I'll sell for half that price if anyone wants one.

Rob G.

Reaction score
That's maybe the lowest priced item she has put up for sale I can remember. She must be getting free listing fees, cause the same overpriced stuff come up again and again.
That's always been the thing I've not understood: Why she continues to put the same way overpriced listings up over and over. She's either getting free listings somehow or she'd maybe be able to lower the asking price if she wasn't eating so much in eBay fees for stuff that doesn't sell. Does anyone buy from her?

knavel

Reaction score
.....and that music. Let's not forget that wonderful accompanying MUSIC!!!!
I tell ya that music is what really drives me over the edge.

Her business model is pretty obvious. She is not strapped and once she has done a listing the first time, subsequent relisting it endlessly is relatively no effort. So she just waits with the patience of a spider until that one person comes along who MUST have a [fill in the blank].

I think she keeps her costs to a minimum. I've started doing ebay sales recently after 3 or 4 years and I am quite surprised how much listing fees have come down. I am sure that painful way (for the viewer) she puts up her pictures with old cars and women and makes you wait for the ones you need to see of the drums is done because it probably doesn't cost her anything--she keeps her photo count to 1, which is free.

At the end of the day, if she has the space and funds to keep her money tied up in all these drums, we cannot criticize this.

I do admit though that I am VERY tired of seeing drum sets by the pool and would not buy anything from her as a matter of principle. But that's just me.

The music though, that's probably the killer. I forget and sometimes don't recognize her listings from thumbnails and open them up in the middle of the night to have that music blasted at me and my family. It's actually pretty poor taste, pool shots aside.

DanC

"Get in, sit down, shut up, hold on"
Reaction score
Somewhere in Florida, behind a Rogers kit
In fairness, that's a Rogers Bantam strainer, most frequently seen on Beavertail Luxor snares. It's a good strainer, internals the same as the Swivomatic and Statite strainers. All 3 differ mainly in the faceplate and not much else.

BUT.

I would only pay $40-50 for one in MINT shape if I had an equally mint drum I wanted to complete. Maybe $60 if I was really desperate, but not likely.

But she continually lists items at 2x (or more) what they would bring in the most optimistic circumstances.

And STARTS them at these ridiculous prices expecting some fool who doesn't know any better to fall for it.

And the text usually contains some annoying b.s. as well.

And she sure seems to waste a lot on listing fees, as mentioned...

knavel

Reaction score
And by the way, either P00der2 is schizophrenic or is two people.

In some ads it's "Gayle".
http://cgi.ebay.com/1960s-GRETSCH-12-ROUND-BADGE-TOM-in-CHAMPAGNE-SPARKLE_W0QQitemZ360195809513QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dd57e0e9

And in some, it's "Olga"
http://cgi.ebay.com/30s-40s-SLINGERLAND-RADIO-KING-ERA-TENSION-RODS_W0QQitemZ360197676403QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dd745d73

madchops82

DFO Master
Reaction score
She probably divorced some broke drummer and took half his collection. Can she play?

drummerbill

DFO Master
Reaction score

http://cgi.ebay.com/1960s-GRETSCH-12-ROUND-BADGE-TOM-in-CHAMPAGNE-SPARKLE_W0QQitemZ360195809513QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dd57e0e9

And in some, it's "Olga"
http://cgi.ebay.com/30s-40s-SLINGERLAND-RADIO-KING-ERA-TENSION-RODS_W0QQitemZ360197676403QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dd745d73
I had to ask, and this was Gayle's responce :

Hello, I have a few friends that help me out. Thanks, Gayle

p00der2

drumbum38

Forum Member
Reaction score

And in some, it's "Olga"
She does use the words "us, we, and our" in her ad, which implies it is not a solo venture. Also, both ads say Gayle FWIW (at the bottom of the "Winning Bidder" paragraphs). Just making a point. The prices are still whack.

ed427vette

Reaction score
Somebody is buyer her stuff. The listing fees are minimal and if she sells one very overpriced item the amount she makes pays for many many new future overpriced auctions. Check out her feedback. In the last month she sold something like 140 items and many are pretty big ticket items. Thats just good business. Hate the auction music.

debotcher

Reaction score
zutty, on 12 October 2009 - 04:42 PM, said:

I'd do her

Nice talk! Hey, there are ladies present!

None of those pictures are her though. You might think twice.

FloydZKing

fire bad!
Reaction score
$125? The last COB Powertone I bought (which was NICE) cost $125.

Coelacanth

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ahh good ol' p00per2. I wouldn't buy from her even *if* she had something I needed, priced appropriately. Her attitude and customer service & relations are woeful.

Latest posts