P00der2 strikes again...

Retro Rob

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
She bought a kit I had, sniped in at the last second. Bithched about the shipping, took two weeks to get paid (with paypal) Probably broke them down for parts or separated the kit. I'll not sell to her again

knavel

Reaction score
She bought a kit I had, sniped in at the last second. Bithched about the shipping, took two weeks to get paid (with paypal) Probably broke them down for parts or separated the kit. I'll not sell to her again
In early Sept. I watched her snipe a Gretsch progressive jazz (12/14/20) in champagne sparkle. The kit was nice save for two holes in the 12 ride tom.

The most amusing part was a question to seller, obviously from her and the response:

"Q: Hello, Ouch on the extra holes on the tom! We are looking for fall inventory for our shop. What is your best cash price for this set? Thank you for your consideration! Aug-31-09

A: I could care less about fall inventory..although,I do hope you the very best in everything Sir and in everyway..I am not going to come off this beautiful kit..I suggest you find another if possible..These skins are absolutely beautiful and sound even better.The two small shinny carriage bolts are hardly noticeable.Last time I will list these drums..Thanks Sir David"

You can see the old tried and true approach of the subtle "what you have is junk" with the "ouch" to try to get the price down--not that any of her customers ever get a better cash price. She got it for $1639 which is not bad.

She then presumably matched up the bass and floor tom with another 12" and I saw that sell awhile back pretty quickly in the low to mid 2000s.

Now the carriage bolt tom is on ebay. Her pricing doesn't indicate she is too bothered about the "ouch" carriage bolts.

Original snipe auction with above question:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380152219606&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

12" tom with carriage bolts:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1960s-GRETSCH-12-ROUND-BADGE-TOM-in-CHAMPAGNE-SPARKLE_W0QQitemZ130337120195QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e58b29fc3

madchops82

DFO Master
Reaction score
In early Sept. I watched her snipe a Gretsch progressive jazz (12/14/20) in champagne sparkle. The kit was nice save for two holes in the 12 ride tom.

The most amusing part was a question to seller, obviously from her and the response:

"Q: Hello, Ouch on the extra holes on the tom! We are looking for fall inventory for our shop. What is your best cash price for this set? Thank you for your consideration! Aug-31-09

A: I could care less about fall inventory..although,I do hope you the very best in everything Sir and in everyway..I am not going to come off this beautiful kit..I suggest you find another if possible..These skins are absolutely beautiful and sound even better.The two small shinny carriage bolts are hardly noticeable.Last time I will list these drums..Thanks Sir David"

You can see the old tried and true approach of the subtle "what you have is junk" with the "ouch" to try to get the price down--not that any of her customers ever get a better cash price. She got it for $1639 which is not bad.

She then presumably matched up the bass and floor tom with another 12" and I saw that sell awhile back pretty quickly in the low to mid 2000s.

Now the carriage bolt tom is on ebay. Her pricing doesn't indicate she is too bothered about the "ouch" carriage bolts.

Original snipe auction with above question:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380152219606&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

12" tom with carriage bolts:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1960s-GRETSCH-12-ROUND-BADGE-TOM-in-CHAMPAGNE-SPARKLE_W0QQitemZ130337120195QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e58b29fc3
eww...that tom is worth $250-3 at best...

Rob G.

Reaction score

Hahah. Seriously, like someone is going to say "Gee, I'd sure like to help you make a bunch more money than me reselling my stuff. Let me just give you this old junk."

H

hardrock

This is a person who is living the 'work from home and make a fortune on eBay' dream. To do so, they need to find stuff they can buy cheap, lying to accomplish this if necessary, resell at a high profit, and will describe the items with as much exaggeration as possible (more lying) to do so.

Also, she has apparently figured out that vintage drums etc can be broken down and the parts sold for higer profits. Heritage be damned.

She is evil and needs to be exterminated.

jojo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
this same topic, same seller, repeats itself regularly here. anyone who has come close to her knows what a hardheaded idiot she is as a thinker, her customer service is poor even by ebay standards, and she may have methods of haggling that some of us would not use. we should let karma sort that out. but the fact that she tries to buy low and sell high is nothing less than the american way! it's free market capitalism at it's best and i spend my spare time pursuing the exact same goal. the real mystery to me is how people continue to buy at her prices. as long as they do, she will. if they don't, she can't.

j.edgarwarthog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
hardrock-

I completely agree, but the scary thing is, she is far from being alone. She may be the most obvious and most irritating but there are dozens, if not hundreds, of individuals out there who have high-jacked our avocation for there own profit. To them, vintage drums are not objects to be venerated and protected, the are simply merchandise to be marketed, like Cheerios or toilet paper. I sure miss the days when it was mostly we collectors of vintage drums dealing with each other, instead of this mob of money-hungry hucksters.

Now let's sit back and note who jumps on this. I think it may give some of us some interesting insight about who is who.

jojo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
i think you just have to be careful lumping anyone who sells a kit for more than they paid into the "huckster" category. you need to look deeper at the involvement of the person doing the buying and selling, and the method behind the madness. of course if there is dishonesty, misrepresentation, undisclosed information, etc., the person is simply a cheat and nobody wants to deal on that level. the concept of flipping a set at a profit does not automatically imply someone has done something harmful or even distasteful. perfect example: i recently found a 67 ludwig 4 piece kit with (nice) cymbals on craigslist for $250. it was covered with glue and contact paper. it is painted black on the inside. it's missing a few parts. i will spend a bit more money for parts and hard hours cleaning, repainting, and restoring it to it's former glory. i will then sell it (as a set) for a profit. and i will sell the cymbals separately for even more. am i hungry for money? you bet i am! i just bought a house and i've got a hefty mortgage i'll need to service. these deals don't come along every day, and i am happy i found that one. but eventually you will see my stuff on ebay and i will be crossing my fingers that the sale prices go through the roof. they probably won't, the market will dictate. personally, i feel good that i have restored a small bit of drum history in that set. that's just my story, i would hope the points being made in this thread wouldn't be directed at small time hobbyists like myself who have a genuine love for vintage gear and are happy to make a little dough dabbling in it.

madchops82

DFO Master
Reaction score
I don't buy unless it's a good deal and somewhere down the road I can flip for what I GOT it for or more. I rarely lose money unless it's a new cymbal or drum that I "had" to have. It's a business w/ me as well but I try to do no reserve.

consigneronliner is my ebay id

DanC

"Get in, sit down, shut up, hold on"
Reaction score
Somewhere in Florida, behind a Rogers kit
A lot of folks buy to flip. I've done it myself, after fixing them up and playing them for a while. But I'm not trying to make a living at it by overcharging and hoping for a sucker. And I don't lie or play that annoying music... ;)

madchops82

DFO Master
Reaction score
That music really does suck most of the time, huh? Really it's crap...must not be a drummer. I mean if her name is Olga, she must be Russian, right? Play some Russian music. I'd rather hear that than that Christian Zouk she's usually cranking. Put some Miles in or something when you're selling those Gretchies. Not Jars of Clay...make my ears want to poop.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
i saw one of her auctions open as being olga and ending as gayle?? which is it?

mike

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
golga!! maybe she has split personalities... :drunken:

mike

blujax01

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but there are times when I cannabalize a vintage drum that needs moderate to much work. (If I didn't, the "purists" would have nowhere to buy the parts necessary to restore their "heritage" drums, yes?). Seriously, if I find an orphan in bad shape and can't sell it for more than the sum of it's parts, why not?

Back to Pooder, I don't know her/them, wouldn't pay their prices and also do not care for the structure of the ads. But nobody's holding a gun to my head. I will admit she has some pretty cool drums. I'd love to see her inventory.

Spongebob

DFO Master
Reaction score
OK, I'll come clean, I'm p00der/Olga/Gayle. I suffer from a rare social disorder called "percusdismantism". It's some what rare but not that uncommon among internet retailers (aka vermin). In the past 6 months my condition has worsened due to (as I was gratefully informed by Bill O'rielly and Shaun Hannity) the sudden "change" in the economy.

I don't really know but I'm having a hard time controlling the effects of this dreaded disease and only hope the economy rebounds so that at least if I can't shed myself of my troubles, I'll be able to fly under the radar of society's cruel desire to exploit the afflicted.

For more information on this condition go to www.JonasAronson.com :twisted:

Coelacanth

DFO Master
Reaction score
Surprise, surprise. Maybe this should be stickied to prevent further unpleasantries among the Drumforum membership. Haha! (Just kidding. I believe in free enterprise, and as much as I can't figure out how that person stays in business, she must have a lot of loyal customers. Everyone else, she just treats like crap.)

Latest posts