P00der2 strikes again...

MonkeyGrass

Keystone Addict
Reaction score
With as many vintage drums she buys, you know she's got to be reading the forum.
I hope she is. Not that it would change her practices at all, but at least she'd get an idea of what actual, real world drummers who buy, play, and collect vintage drums think about her sleazy business. And that her shipping "stories" and damage "claims" are obvious to us as a group. She tries to sell the same line of crap to everyone she deals with. Some of us aren't that stupid, and in fact, have been at this game quite a bit longer than she has.

:twisted:

zutty

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
zutty, on 12 October 2009 - 04:42 PM, said:

I'd do her

Nice talk! Hey, there are ladies present!

None of those pictures are her though. You might think twice.
Hey, I'd still do her...wink, wink....waddya want from a lowly drummer!

ebok45

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've sold to her before, and again like others mentioned, she sent threats and demanded a partcial refund for some nicks in the bearing edges. I believe hate is a strong word, and I hate p00der. I was thinking of starting a new ebay account, buying her whole inventory and not paying. 3 or 4 times.

longfade

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Surprise, surprise. Maybe this should be stickied to prevent further unpleasantries among the Drumforum membership. Haha! (Just kidding. I believe in free enterprise, and as much as I can't figure out how that person stays in business, she must have a lot of loyal customers. Everyone else, she just treats like crap.)
Probably should, actually. I didn't know anything about her until reading this thread. I'm glad I came across it - her and all of her ilk are vermin, IMO, and I will certainly conscientiously avoid her.

Ludwig Von Buzztoven

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I just blocked both p00der2 and CW from my ebay bidder's list. Woo Hoo! I feel so empowered...

I have never bought from p00der2. I have a friend in town, a hardcore Luddy collector, who had a really bad expereince with her some time ago. I myself have issues w/ CW. I tried to buy some stuff from her in the past, and I could never get her to return my emails. I think she and I may have been bidding on the same kit on ebay once, and I won (which made the victory even SWEETER).

Buzz

kona1984

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's maybe the lowest priced item she has put up for sale I can remember. She must be getting free listing fees, cause the same overpriced stuff come up again and again.
That's always been the thing I've not understood: Why she continues to put the same way overpriced listings up over and over. She's either getting free listings somehow or she'd maybe be able to lower the asking price if she wasn't eating so much in eBay fees for stuff that doesn't sell. Does anyone buy from her?
I was reading forum posts and thought I'd answer this one because I just bought items from her (Gayle) this month.
I just started my first kit restore project. I've not been looking for drums at her site (http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/A-House-of-Treasures__W0QQ_armrsZ1) but the items I have bought (3) have been in line with what others are selling for.....so far. I'm not saying her drums are reasonible........I'm just saying the Gretsch parts I bought this month were not too high priced from what I've been seeing.
I bought:
"Gretsch Responso snares" for $55
16 60's bd/fl tom castings $95
8 50's era Gretsch Faucet-Style tension rods & claws for $115........I was happy to pay that for the t-rods&claws - there's not a lot of them around. I've seen knock-offs selling for $25 for each t-rod + $25 for each claw - that's 16x25 = $800 for what I got for $115 and I got the "real deal."

I was looking all over for the proper Micro-Sensitive Gretsch strainer and was told by some experts in the field I'd have to pay as high as $300 - if I could find one. I found one (not P00der2) and paid $200 for it - and it's rusty - haha.

Cheers,
Gary

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'll bet Pooder is actually Ivan, who is actually Pooder One and Pooder Two, who incidentally have a warehouse of vintage drums in an African village. :wink: OR

For every drummers dog that pee-ed on her leg, she now gets retribution.Hell hath no fury... :evil:

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What? You're kidding, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-CLEAN-1960s-ROGERS-SNARE-DRUM-STRAINER_W0QQitemZ300356560462QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45eea5664e
another thread here has a CL ad with the same strainer for $135....except that it is attached to a Rogers snare in excellent condition

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/msg/1436188414.html

OldSchool2

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Have a look at this "bargain": http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300361051371&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And to think that I thought I paid too much when I purchased the identical Jazz Combo snare a few years back for $250.

Silly me!

Kmarty

Reaction score

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-CLEAN-1960s-ROGERS-SNARE-DRUM-STRAINER_W0QQitemZ300356560462QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45eea5664e
Her business model is classic P.T. Barnum..."there's a sucker born every minute". I e-mailed her regarding a pair of 18" b.d. hoops that I thought were waaaay overpriced and she responded with several of the most hate-filled emails I've ever read. Definitely a head case!

Vintage1949

Reaction score
Yikes ! I c what you mean !

I was looking at eBay - looking for more drum parts and I noticed that the parts I bought from her 10 days ago - the exact same parts, year and pieces - just sold (not by her) for less than 1/2 what I paid!

To be a little fair here though, I was happy to find the Gretsch parts and get them for what I paid at the time (clicked on the Buy Now button).

I think when you're dealing with Vintage parts the prices are a little subjective. So, if you're willing to pay $100usd for that special vintage drum screw - haha - and feel lucky to find it, I guess the prices will keep climbing.

The cheaper parts (the same ones I bought) went via the eBay timed auction - I know little about that - I mostly always click on the Buy Now if it's available. I've never won an item by being the "high bidder."

Vistaliter

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Her business model is classic P.T. Barnum..."there's a sucker born every minute". I e-mailed her regarding a pair of 18" b.d. hoops that I thought were waaaay overpriced and she responded with several of the most hate-filled emails I've ever read. Definitely a head case!
I saw those - $200.0 for a pair of 18" hoops with red sparkle inlay. Wow. <_< :shock: :blink:

ebok45

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
She still has a Black Oyster Pearl set I sold her over a year and a half ago.... :D

She wants $4,500 for it... HA!

blujax01

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Occasionally I will have the same part she has up for auction.
I put mine up for 1/10th her price.
Mine usually sells. Hers usually doesn't.

bermuda

Pro
Reaction score
Does anyone buy from her?
I've seen a number of her auctions, often pretty cool stuff, and I agree that the BIN's are generally pretty high. As a result, I've never bought from her. Until the other day.

She had 5 older small Ludwig lugs in nice shape for $29, plus $6.95 shipping. Neither price was out of line (brand new 'wide' small Ludwig lugs are $5+ each!) so I grabbed them. She shipped immediately and I should have them early this week. Perhaps that's an anomaly, but so far so good, at least on that listing.

Bermuda

bermuda

Pro
Reaction score
Update on my lug purchase:

I paid for items on Nov 20, they shipped Nov 21 from Fla, and I received them Nov 23 in L.A.

As long as her prices aren't outrageous, I'd buy from her again.

Bermuda

Scottlogsdon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Then, Jon, I guess you won't be biding on this one... ROTFL!!! Plus you get a Hercules snare stand at "no extra charge" :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLEAN-CIRCA-1980-LUDWIG-6-5x14-SUPRAPHONIC-SNARE-DRUM_W0QQitemZ300368784689QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45ef5fed31#ht_2824wt_941

Nice, yes, but $1000 nice? I don't think so...

Latest posts