P00der2 strikes again...

editour2

Reaction score
I had a bad experience with them as well. They are actually a couple who live in Florida, Gayle & Cooper. They won a bid on ebay for my entire kit, however I listed the kit as "PICK UP ONLY". They inquired about having the items shipped to which I said I would think about it and reserved the right to cancel the auction/bid if we could not agree on additional compensation for my time. At first they agreed to provide extra compensation however subsequently when speaking on the phone about a $$ amount they reneged and became very abusive. Several insults later I withdrew the auction. They in turn reported me to ebay as they had threatened. They also left bad feedback on my ebay account. Their personal representative from ebay contacted me and after I relayed my side of the story, and their repeated abuse via phone and personal email, ebay agreed with me. Unfortunately I cannot remove the negative feedback. I have blocked them from future bidding. Current happy ending: they had bid $2550 for my entire kit, (4 drum 60's Gretsch Kit, 78 Ludwig BB Super Sensitive, Pearl Jupiter Snare, all cases, 3 Roto Toms, 9 Zildjian Cymbals, all Tama Hardware, 3 bass drum pedals and more), I recently sold just the Ludwig BB snare for $1700, I still have everything else.

Tsar Bomba

Reaction score
Wow....I must say I'm very surprised, as I've bought a couple of things from p00der2 without any problems whatsoever. Sure she is pricey, but she has had stuff that I really wanted, and money isn't really an issue as long as I get what I want. Everything I've bought have been the same as described in the info, and I seem to be their only happy customer. :D

I'm very surprised there was such hatred towards her/them. I mean...I haven't really had any GOOD experiences, but not BAD either. I've bought stuff, they've sent it, end of story. They communicate very short, maybe that turns people off?

Not defending any bad behaviour, just saying that I haven't had any negative experiences with her/them.

bermuda

Pro
Reaction score
Then, Jon, I guess you won't be biding on this one... ROTFL!!! Plus you get a Hercules snare stand at "no extra charge" :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLEAN-CIRCA-1980-LUDWIG-6-5x14-SUPRAPHONIC-SNARE-DRUM_W0QQitemZ300368784689QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45ef5fed31#ht_2824wt_941

Nice, yes, but $1000 nice? I don't think so...
I actually have one with the same badge. Not in such clean shape mind you, but it was also only $229 and undoubtedly sounds the same.

Bermuda

Herb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow....I must say I'm very surprised, as I've bought a couple of things from p00der2 without any problems whatsoever. Sure she is pricey, but she has had stuff that I really wanted, and money isn't really an issue as long as I get what I want. Everything I've bought have been the same as described in the info, and I seem to be their only happy customer. :D

I'm very surprised there was such hatred towards her/them. I mean...I haven't really had any GOOD experiences, but not BAD either. I've bought stuff, they've sent it, end of story. They communicate very short, maybe that turns people off?

Not defending any bad behaviour, just saying that I haven't had any negative experiences with her/them.

This gets right to the point - there are people who are willing to pay to get the part they want when they want it. Of course you could wait to find a Micro mislisted on a Japanese snare drum on Craigslist for $20 if you waited long enough... maybe. I'm not happy about a few dealers "establishing" the market price, but one of a kind, or somewhat rare items - just how much is it worth? I think of these dealers as (over priced) convenience stores. If someone wants a ____ right now and doesn't want to wait for it, and money isn't an issue, I can understand why they would buy. I almost never fall into this category, but as this thread shows, there's a lot of people who "almost never" fall into this category, except when it comes to that one part that they need.

Tsar Bomba

Reaction score
somewhat rare items - just how much is it worth?
It's always worth as much as anyone is willing to pay. :twisted:

If noone was willing to pay their prices, they'd be out of business.

If someone wants a ____ right now and doesn't want to wait for it, and money isn't an issue, I can understand why they would buy.
Yeah I almost never look for a "deal" on anything. I just decide how much something is worth based on how much I want it, not how much everyone else is paying for it.

The problem is if they scam people, or treat their customers in a bad way. That's unacceptable, so if that's what people are getting mad for, I stand by their side. But if people are mad just because she/they are more expensive than a regular Joe...then it's pretty silly.

knavel

Reaction score
The problem is if they scam people, or treat their customers in a bad way. That's unacceptable, so if that's what people are getting mad for, I stand by their side. But if people are mad just because she/they are more expensive than a regular Joe...then it's pretty silly.
I think this part of your post gets to the point of the difference between P00der2 as seller and P00der2 as a buyer. It seems that as buyer we are seeing an ugly pattern; as the anecdotes on this thread demonstrate, most recently that of editour2.

In his case, it's highly uncool to break the terms of a seller's auction (in his case local pick up only) and then leave negative feedback when the seller won't change his terms POST SALE.

Here is what I wrote about P00der2 on another forum which I hope parses the difference between P00der2 as buyer and as seller.

To be clear: That she buys things and attempts to resell them at a profit is something I do not have a problem with, nor do I expect do many here. The marketplace will take care of her on that front and if no one is buying then she won't last.

But that she is alleged to have sharp practices in doing business does concern me and I don't want to have to deal with misleading descriptions, threats, unwarranted negative feedback and so forth.
Alls this said, there has been discussion on the VDF P00der2 thread but not confirmed myself that there is an uncool aspect of her sales side as well: If you make her an offer for something and she is willing to deal she comes back and tries to get you to do the sale off of Ebay (so she can avoid fees).

Hence you would lose any buyer protection and there is a violation of ebay policies in the process if in fact she does this.

Tsar Bomba

Reaction score
Yeah you're probably right. I don't sell stuff on eBay, so I wouldn't know if she/they treat sellers bad. If she/they do, then that's unacceptable.

H

hindadoon

After she bought that gorgeous Ludwig set from Rich King last year that was in a ludwig catalogue from back in the 20's -30's if I remember correctly , and then turned around and broke the kit up to sell the pieces separately, I decided not to deal with them as sellers or as a buyer. In my opinion, breaking that set up was so wrong. Such a blatant disrespect for the instrument. I know there are many who wont agree but ......

Stonestreet

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just hate the music that comes blaring out of nowhere. It startles me and forces me to not bare looking at the item anymore. Mind you, she's never had me in the position that I couldn't find what I needed elsewhere.

Marc

b/o 402

Wacky old coot
Reaction score
I just hate the music that comes blaring out of nowhere. It startles me and forces me to not bare looking at the item anymore. Mind you, she's never had me in the position that I couldn't find what I needed elsewhere.

Marc
+1
Plus, you have to sit through the stupid slideshow instead of just pulling up individual pics...

agogobil

Drum Czardine
Reaction score

Marc
If you're using Windows Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Manage Add-ons > Enable or Disable Add-ons ... A window named Manage Add-ons opens. In the list under Enabled, you'll see Shockwave Flash Object - Adobe Systems Inc. - Active X Control - Flash 10b.ocx

Left-click on that. Under Settings, click on Disable.

Click on OK and silence is golden.
----------------------------------
If you're using Firefox, go to Tools > Add-ons. A window named Add-ons opens. Click on Browse All Add-ons. In the box search for add-ons, type Noscript. In the resulting list, you'll see NoScript by Giorgio Maone. Click on +Add to Firefox. A window named Software Installation opens. Click on Install Now.

Silence is golden.
------------------
Any time you open a webpage that has these type of popups, you either get a red "x" (IE) or an "F" (Firefox), which will let you decide if you want to hear or see the popup.

joebxr

Reaction score
pOOder bought this Red Powertone from another eBayer (ZEPPMANVI) for $536 and now selling as BIN for $746
http://cgi.ebay.com/1960s-Pre-CBS-RO...item45ef208c74
and here's original posting
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140346779698

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone need a $1.45 drum key for $9.95 plus shipping?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LUDWIG-DRUM-KEY-for-SNARE-TOM-or-FLOOR-TOM_W0QQitemZ360215391618QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53de82ad82 <_<

Coelacanth

DFO Master
Reaction score
Her awful business conduct, rudeness and lack of professionalism notwithstanding, I have some contempt for blatant market resellers. It just rubs me the wrong way, even though it's her choice how she wants to do business. IMHO it unrealistically inflates the market value. She makes a lot of buyers her b!tches that way. :idea1:

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Check out the questions to the seller section at the bottom of the pg.
She's trying to weasel a deal....too funny!!
Nice Burgandy kit too
http://cgi.ebay.com/GRETSCH-DRUM-SET-BURGUNDY-SPARKLE-1965-LUDWIG-SNARE_W0QQitemZ130355437328QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e59ca1f10

KCDrumDad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice Burgandy kit too
http://cgi.ebay.com/GRETSCH-DRUM-SET-BURGUNDY-SPARKLE-1965-LUDWIG-SNARE_W0QQitemZ130355437328QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e59ca1f10
That set should look familiar to people here.
http://www.drumforum.org/index.php?/topic/20751-new-guy/page__p__234045__hl__burgundy__fromsearch__1&#entry234045

Coelacanth

DFO Master
Reaction score
Nice Burgandy kit too
LMAO! I love how "Rog" stiffed p00der2--and not in the way she would've enjoyed! :D

hoochymama

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just to chime in I bought a few rogers bass drum b&b lugs off her awhile back, I really needed to finish a project so caved, out of the 4 I bought 3 had cracks even though they were listed as mint. She said she inspected them herself when I inquired about the defects and they were fine. I think what happened was during shipping someone took them out of their packages and stressed them to the point of cracking, this is why they were cracked straight out of the box. She never made any attempt to rectify the situation at all. So I basically paid top dollar for 3 cracked b&b lugs just like the ones I aready owned for free. She also LOWBALLED me on an old ludwig kit I had listed for bin or offer, I learnt my lesson well

mtarrani

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks to Bill (MLVBS) you can see how well she does: http://www.goofbay.com/ebay_seller_history_tool.html?gsl_username=P00der2&gsl_days=60&gsl_include=both&gsl_show_fees=on&gsl_submit=&gsl_submit.x=51&gsl_submit.y=9