P86 Strainer Fix

sargeantgreg

Reaction score
Hello fellow DFO-ers. I am in need of a small piece to fix my Luddy P86 Millenium throw. It appears there is a tiny brass colored piece that looks like a roller that allows the strainer to prop up on this lip and lock to keep the tension. It is missing on one side of the throw only. I can't figure out how it's become missing but I've noticed the lack of smoothness on it and improper tension locking. Upon further inspection I realized this "roller" is missing on one side. If anyone happens to have one of these itty bitty pieces to spare or knows where I can get one, please pass the info along. Pleas refer to the attached photos. One the side shot you will see the brass roller on the left and the right is missing. On the shot from top down there is the brass roller piece above and missing the one below. Thanks for your help friends. Cheers!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

tnsquint

Backline Rental Guru
Reaction score
Fork's Drum Closet in Nashville has them or at lest they did. I purchased a little bag full of them.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
No love for the P-86 in the Ludwig replacement part catalog :-(

Ludwig_Catalog_Snare_Strainers.JPG

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I can't imagine owning a drum with a strainer that I needed to buy a bag of spare parts for.

sargeantgreg

Reaction score
Nevermind. I figured it out. I had a look at a local drum shop and discovered their P86 doesn't have this. I removed it and VOILA, works good as new.

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess that's why there are no P86 spare parts for sale in the Ludwig catalog. Ludwig figured nobody would ever need them. :wink:

Latest posts