PA Drum Show

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
Anyone headed to PA this coming weekend? I'll be with JoeyBoom at his booth. Stop by and say hello!

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Reaction score
I'm going. No Ludwig or Bill III this time. Should still be a great show, as always. I like this show because it really is more of a flea market feel than a new and custom build show. Lots of parts and drums and great people just to bullshit with. C-yinz there.

Mark...….

SpinaDude

Reaction score
This is about 2 and a half hours from me. Can you guys tell me how big this is? Are there a crazy number of vendors there, and small independent companies with drums to test? Thank you in advance.

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
This is about 2 and a half hours from me. Can you guys tell me how big this is? Are there a crazy number of vendors there, and small independent companies with drums to test? Thank you in advance.
Not a huge show - one room at the local VFW hall. There are a couple of independent drum companies, such as Longo snare drums, but mostly vintage drums. It’s a very friendly and welcoming vibe.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not a huge show - one room at the local VFW hall. There are a couple of independent drum companies, such as Longo snare drums, but mostly vintage drums. It’s a very friendly and welcoming vibe.
Yes, and you get to hang out with Jack Lawton, one of the top vintage drum restorers in the world. I'll be dropping off some project drums for him - save on shipping.

Generally there are some very knowledgeable vintage cats there. Questions will be answered and opinions given, in that easygoing East coast way! (Ha! I'm a Southerner by way of the Midwest!). Also, as noted above, a fair amount of vintage goodies - parts and the like.

fishstix94

Reaction score
Didnt realize that this existed. It's around 2.5 hrs, but I might have to make the trip if I can!

SpinaDude

Reaction score
Thank you very much guys. If I can swing it, I'll make it out! It will be a pleasure meeting all of you.

twangbang

Reaction score
I'm comin' over from State College, been a few years since I could get clear on that date. This is a good show - I almost always find something cool. So this time I'm bringin' a few things along, time to weed and feed.

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
So it was a great weekend at the PA Show - saw some old friends and made some new ones. I picked up a cool, hot-rodded Acrolite from Mike Garcia. The shell was bead blasted and powder coated inside and out, fitted with a P83, tube lugs and claws - looks and sounds terrific.
F7CD218A-F75D-43F5-A19F-CFDB747862EE.jpeg
A5DB05E6-3E1F-4CF2-A604-EEE74844BB25.jpeg
AAAAC67B-BE51-4DB2-B7DC-8B817328FA1B.jpeg
73E06C2B-4562-4B1C-AC12-7702BA757425.jpeg

komodobob

DFO Master
Reaction score
I saw and heard you test driving that Mark and YES, the drum sounded and looked great. I was so so close to picking up the one with the Millenium throw. Wish I'd pulled the trigger now.
I agree, Mike does great work.