Packing pedal, securing spring ?

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Do you disengage your pedal spring when packing or leave it in place ?
I'd like to disengage mine but the spring would likely fall off and go missing in transport.

doubleroll

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Single pedal left intact as it fits in the case as is. Double pedal the beaters and center rod get removed. I do not disengage the spring...

Rick

Reaction score
I just set my Speed Cobra pedal intact on the floor of the back seat of my car. If I was putting it on a truck or something, I'd disengage the spring and pack it in the case that came with it.

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I leave it on. I've had the same springs on the same pedals for 20ish years. I can't see a reason to disengage it.

thejohnlec

Reaction score
My Iron Cobra has a quick ring that easily disengages the spring, as mentioned above. It makes the pedal a little more compact, as you can lay the beater all the way down onto the footboard. I wrap it in a packing blanket and put it in the hardware case.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see any reason to disengage. I would suggest buying a spare and keeping in the stick bag though. I bought as single pedal Ahead armor bag for my pedal, partly to protect it and also several of my gigs these days are on house kits. The drums are fine but the pedal usually isn't so I have three bags, snare, cymbal and pedal to carry on those gigs.

dangermoney

Reaction score
I always leave the spring engaged and depress the beater/shaft to fit them into the bag/case. I carry spare pedal springs in my gig box ...

Latest posts