Paiste 505’s stock going up

bubo

Reaction score
Wow. Just saw some SE 14 hh for $450 on reverb
k, thx, bye... :laughing3:
:bs:

Seriously, you can get any brand-new professional line hi hats for this price.
Used, say 2002s, in like new condition apart from the prints and colour for half the price i guess... at least in Europe.
I doubt 404s, 505s or what ever entry or mid range cymbals, again no matter what brand, will be the next BIG R -ehm, thing....

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
505's are sought after cymbals. It's one of the lines I don't own, but people swear by em.
When I do see them for sale, they're not cheap.
Seem to have become a collector's item

bubo

Reaction score
People swear by them because they had been/are nice cymbals regarding the price you had to pay back then (again compared to the 2002s) and should pay still today.
It´s pretty much like todays discussion about the PST-7 compared to the 2002s. Great value for the price but STILL NO 2002s....

I see it more like any bubble in any economic sector:
-Items of relative low value suddenly go up because someone is buying off the market (hobbyist, collector, for what ever reason -where is the money -more to make a just a comfortable living).
Others jump onto that train because they think those pieces gone up and up through the last -say- 2 years...
Will those items ever be used like they where supposed to? C´mon we are drummers and we want to PLAY our stuff other than LOOK at it -or even worse.... SHOW IT AROUND all over the place XD
Need to stop at this stage, might get more cynical if i don´t.

Chers,
hermitch

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
I assume that's what someone is asking for them?

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A quick glance at eBay's sold listings on Paiste 505 shows a fairly flat market.

The SE hats in the 505 and 404 lines seem to command a bit of a premium but I doubt that seller sees $450 for those..

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Flavor of the month...It will pass soon, then onto the next...How predictable.

fatchoppers

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A quick glance at eBay's sold listings on Paiste 505 shows a fairly flat market.

The SE hats in the 505 and 404 lines seem to command a bit of a premium but I doubt that seller sees $450 for those..
I don’t think those will sell for 450.