Paiste Announces New 602s

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Butch1970

Reaction score
Very cool! Gives me the option to try some different bottoms with my 15" 602 Medium Hats.

vinnyrac63

Reaction score
I hate to be the guy to complain, but those are WAY too many cymbals for a line that's already WAY too expensive. Glaringly absent are 1) 13" heavy hats Reissuing those cymbals could single handedly make 13" hats a thing again 2) 21" heavy-one of the greatest rock and general purpose rides ever made 3) 22 Paper Thin w/ rivets for the jazzers. 4) 22" or 18" flat ride. That's it! That's all they should have done, but they've done none of those. And after the initial purchase blitz for the guys who want/need these new additions, they'll sit and collect dust on music store cymbal trees everywhere.

Last edited:

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I hate to be the guy to complain, but those are WAY too many cymbals for a line that's already WAY too expensive. Glaringly absent are 1) 13" heavy hats Reissuing those cymbals could single handedly make 13" hats a thing again 2) 21" heavy-one of the greatest rock and general purpose rides ever made 3) 22 Paper Thin w/ rivets for the jazzers. 4) 22" or 18" flat ride. That's it! That's all they should have done, but they've done none of those. And after the initial purchase blitz for the guys who want/need these new additions, they'll sit and collect dust on music store cymbal trees everywhere.
My heart fluttered with the thought of a 22" Paper Thin with rivets.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's 1967 all over again..back to the future.
(plus we needed a sales bump for our dealers winter is slow)
"the more things change the more they never changed".
it's only an illusion progress

who's going to buy a 13" heavy bell.
I want to meet that guy. Wait.
No I don't.
Predict that will be as popular as it was in 1971.

Last edited:

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm not a Paiste guy, so excuse my ignorance. Are 602s made from B20? Which other Paistes are made from B20? Are they all clear-coated?

GeeDeeEmm

markkarj

Reaction score
I'm not a Paiste guy, so excuse my ignorance. Are 602s made from B20? Which other Paistes are made from B20? Are they all clear-coated?

GeeDeeEmm
You're right, 602s are made of B20. The Masters (formerly Twenty Masters) series is also B20. It intrigues me that after getting out of B20 cymbals, many of Paiste's new products are back in B20.

markkarj

Reaction score
I hate to be the guy to complain, but those are WAY too many cymbals for a line that's already WAY too expensive.

And after the initial purchase blitz for the guys who want/need these new additions, they'll sit and collect dust on music store cymbal trees everywhere.
I have a few questions. I have noticed cymbal prices definitely creeping up, with Paiste being pretty pricey.

How does a cymbal company determine its offerings? Are these 602 additions a "boutique" offering for which they'll charge what the market will bear? Do they use others (like the 2002s) as more steady revenue generators that are more price conscious (to a point)?

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's 1967 all over again..back to the future.
(plus we needed a sales bump for our dealers winter is slow)
"the more things change the more they never changed".
it's only an illusion progress

who's going to buy a 13" heavy bell.
I want to meet that guy. Wait.
No I don't.
Predict that will be as popular as it was in 1971.
I need a new door bell.

Reactions: JDA

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number
My heart fluttered with the thought of a 22" Paper Thin with rivets.
To be super honest, I had a ‘79 PAPERTHIN 22”, and it was too thin. I’m no basher, either, and play with 7A’s usually. It was damn near mint, too. Sold it because I can’t have anything worth more than $100 that I just don’t use.

TPC

Reaction score
My Blue Label Paperthin was about 2500-2600 grams. I was surprised because that’s “Medium” in my book.