Paiste box set?

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Paiste Masters Series is a great line of cymbals and next on my list. I am assuming price is the reason to buying them all together and not picking out the ones you want in particular.

I remember playing those hats at NAMM one year. They sounded great.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That’s a good set of cymbals. I only have the 15 hats but I’ve played the 21 Dry and liked it. You should try it first, it’s a different animal.
I sway to the bigger masters crashes, 20 crash with a 22 dark ride

but I can understand their pairing here.

drummerjohn333

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sounds like there is a gate on (overheads). M guess is that the ride resonates alot more/longer. Mixer - fail.
How do I know/why do I suspect? Listen closely as they are apparently letting it resonate.....dead space in there - only to hear the ring of the cymbal in the moments before he speaks.

Please guys - no gates when recording a demo of cymbals. Very misleading/poor representation.

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like there was any gating to me. Sounds more likely that in post production they pulled the clip on vocal mic out of the mix so it wouldn't mess with the cymbal sound from the overheads while he was playing and only brought it up when he was talking. Best way to get a good cymbal sound and still be able to hear him clearly when he's talking.