Paiste cymbal cleaner

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I reached out to Paiste about the disappearing cleaner recently. I thought if I could round up enough signatures we could revive it. Turns out I’m a idiot and it’s not going away after all. There is a supply chain issue that will be resolved. For those of you over paying on EBay—Stop

kallen49

Reaction score
I reached out to Paiste about the disappearing cleaner recently. I thought if I could round up enough signatures we could revive it. Turns out I’m a idiot and it’s not going away after all. There is a supply chain issue that will be resolved. For those of you over paying on EBay—Stop
Thanks for posting. Tried to buy in December from L&M was told it’s discontinued. They directed me to to Amazon where it indeed was listed at $57 (!?)

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There is a supply chain issue that will be resolved...
What did they tell you? Any time line on resolving the issue/availability of product?

I saw at my local Ma & Pa music store had a few bottles of the cleaner and polish...

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My Yamaha Rep (Yamaha distributes Paiste in Canada) told me the product is no more and will be replaced with something else by Paiste. Who knows...

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I wrote a thread about the cleaner, and protector about a year ago. I got a bottle of each at retail, but they had said it was on back order until 2020.
At the time I was contemplating getting a few cases.
Well I wish I had

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did they tell you? Any time line on resolving the issue/availability of product?

I saw at my local Ma & Pa music store had a few bottles of the cleaner and polish...
He just said some issues in the supply chain that there working through to get it back on the market. I would post the reply I received but I don’t want to break any confidence if there is any to break. They offered a alternative until they are back up. Pledge dust and allergen, but that’s for the easy stuff if the protective coat is still on.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up... I was hoping that maybe they provide a hard date.
Thanks for identifying the alternate as well.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Last January, when I found out it would be on backordered until 2020, I called Paiste.
I spoke with a manager named Javier. He told me they would have more this year. I assumed January, but who knows?
I hope the cleaner, and protector come back. Yes, there are alternatives to cleaning cymbals, but Paiste made/makes a great product.
Ive spoken to, and have emailed with him on a few occasions. Hopefully he'll have an update.

drummerjohn333

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Apparently East Coast Music is THE place to get it now (online available too from them).
And their pricing is very reasonable. Seems they will be selling tons of them right about now.

dboomer

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren”t Paiste cymbals coated with a poly finish? So isn’t Paiste cleaner simply a household cleaner?

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used the paiste cleaner on some regular A Zildjians and it works really well.

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use it on all my cymbals from all different brands and lines. It wipes away without the hard buffing and it never gets away from you
Apparently East Coast Music is THE place to get it now (online available too from them).
And their pricing is very reasonable. Seems they will be selling tons of them right about now.
I just purchased 3 and it was $50 out the door. Most others are asking $30 a bottle. Thanks for the heads up

KevinD

Reaction score
Anyone have any alternatives to the Paiste Cleaner and Protector combo?
More out of curiosity than anything else, but I've got a few Paistes (Sigs, 2002s and an Innovation crash) that could use a cleaning..I had to triple-check myself when I saw what these are going for these days-IF you can find it. (Didn't have any luck on the East Coast Music site either-assuming I was going to the correct "East Coast Music")

I remember when I was a kid that it was "fact" (or maybe urban legend) that you NEVER used Zildjian, or Groove Juice cleaners -or Barkeeper's Friend on Paistes because it would ruin the finish, or the wax protecting the finish etc.. So with that, does anyone have a product (or concoction) that they are aware that are safe for Paistes?
Does the chemical formula differ that much from the other cleaners out there today?

Last edited:

CigarScott

Reaction score
Anyone have any alternatives to the Paiste Cleaner and Protector combo?
More out of curiosity than anything else, but I've got a a few Paistes (Sigs, 2002s and an Innovation crash) that could use a cleaning..I had to triple-check myself when I saw what these are going for these days-IF you can find it. (Didn't have any luck on the East Coast Music site either-assuming I was going to the correct "East Coast Music")

I remember when I was a kid that it was "fact" (or maybe urban legend) that you NEVER used Zildjian, or Groove Juice cleaners -or Barkeeper's Friend on Paistes because it would ruin the finish, or the wax protecting the finish etc.. So with that, does anyone have a product (or concoction) that they are aware that are safe for Paistes?
Does the chemical formula differ that much from the other cleaners out there today?
I've been told that Lemon Pledge works great on Paiste's. I still have a small amount of cleaner yet so I haven't had to resort to it yet.

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been told that Lemon Pledge works great on Paiste's. I still have a small amount of cleaner yet so I haven't had to resort to it yet.
I have had trouble with the scented pledge cleaners. The pledge clots up in snotty lumps when it’s scented? If you find one that doesn’t do this please let me know. Thanks

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have a bottle of cleaner and protector left - will be cleaning my cymbals as it gets colder and the gigs dry up .

dboomer

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was my understanding as well. I though that was because Paiste cymbals were coated with a poly finish while Z&S were bare metal. So you didn’t want to use anything abrasive and wear through the poly finish. I would imagine the Paiste cleaner and finish would be very similar to those things you use on a car finish.