Paiste Innovations 20" Medium Ride

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great playing. It sounds like it would crash amazingly too.

johnjssmith

Reaction score
Thanks!
You can hear it being crashed by itself @ 1:25 and in a groove @ 2:55.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard em. You crash a few times. I was thinking crashing in a "rock" context, but I got the point. I don't own any from the Innovations line, but that might be changing soon. I'll check in a sec, but they're B8 alloy Signature line. Correct?
What is that you're crashing on, on your left?
Oh, is that a Starphonic snare?

johnjssmith

Reaction score
Ah, my bad then.
It definitely works as a "power crash" type, it weights about 2464g after all :p

The Innovations line doesn't have much in common with the Signature line apart from the logo, it was regrettably discontinued in 2005 and samples are getting harder and harder to come by, you can check the video description for a bit more info and history.

My left side crash/ride is a Tongxiang TMZ 20" Ride, I got somewhat interested in chinese made cymbals and I got lucky with this one I believe, it sounds fairly close to the Paiste Sig traditional light ride (or was it called something different? a light ride from that same line anyway), I mostly keep it on crash duty and use it as a ride for the lighter and quieter parts and pieces.
There's a demo of that on my youtube channel as well if you're interested.

Hah, I'm happy to hear that my snare sounds and/or looks that expensive!
It's a yamy stage custom snare from the mid '90s, birch/mahogany/falkata shells, and the only snare I own at the moment.

If you want more info on the other cymbals I'm playing in the video, or my drum set, check the video description, most of it is there.

Latest posts