Paiste, Istanbul, Vintage Zildjian

carl from maine

Reaction score
Two different weights are given for #11 (Zildjian 20" with rivets) -- but either way, the sound is astonishing.

Ludwig26

Reaction score
Listing for a friend- serious buyers, please PM me for contact info. These cymbals are a part of an estate of a pro drummer who sadly passed away much too soon. My friend is selling them for the family and is willing to accept offers and open to discuss a discount on multiple cymbals sales. https://reverb.com/shop/michaels-gear-garage-868
Nothing listed it's blank!!!!

c.wulf

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Two different weights are given for #11 (Zildjian 20" with rivets) -- but either way, the sound is astonishing.
This one: https://reverb.com/item/51071117-11-zildjian-50-s-vintage-1960g-20-6-rivet-ride-light-1946-53

And let's not let the confusion distract -- this is an incredible collection! Very cool of you to help out with this work.

Digging the Agop 25th.
Yes! Sorry about that- I’ll let him know about Zildjian 11- I see it now! Haha!

Oh yeah- I was tempted as well!

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
I checked 2 of the Zildjian rides listed as 1946-53.....both of them were 1960's stamps....and priced like trans stamps.

Last edited:

zenstat

Reaction score
Blank for me, too. Thought, because I'm in Europe, but even using VPN US.

Reverb uses your registered shipping address to filter what you see, so it doesn't respond to VPN use. You just need to set your account to a USA shipping address.

I checked 2 of the Zildjian rides listed as 1946-53.....both of them were 1960's stamps.

I see this one with a 60s stamp

and this one has a 60s stamp

and these hats have a 60s stamp

and this has a 60s stamp

and this "big logo" is the 60s tall stamp

I stopped looking after that. I don't think his skills are up to accurate Zildjian cymbal identification. I wonder where he got specific year ranges like "1960-1965"? He also has some reputed Rock Hats which he calls "1965-1969". The Rock family (hats, crashes, rides) came out in 1973

and those hats of his have 60s stamps. So do a number of other Rock cymbals which do have model ink. This is one of several lines of evidence that the 60s stamps (both short and tall style) were in factory use until 1976.

Maybe he knows Paiste cymbals better. I haven't looked. :dontknow:

zenstat

Reaction score
Oops. Couldn't help myself. I looked at one of the Paiste cymbals which has the A Zildjian CO stamp.

Note that none of these inaccurate identifications of stamps should be taken as criticism of the seller as a person, nor of the cymbals as cymbals. We're not philatelists. Interested buyers are buying cymbals not stamps.

c.wulf

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Blank for me, too. Thought, because I'm in Europe, but even using VPN USlink, working now?
Reverb uses your registered shipping address to filter what you see, so it doesn't respond to VPN use. You just need to set your account to a USA shipping address.

I see this one with a 60s stamp

and this one has a 60s stamp

and these hats have a 60s stamp

and this has a 60s stamp

and this "big logo" is the 60s tall stamp

I stopped looking after that. I don't think his skills are up to accurate Zildjian cymbal identification. I wonder where he got specific year ranges like "1960-1965"? He also has some reputed Rock Hats which he calls "1965-1969". The Rock family (hats, crashes, rides) came out in 1973

and those hats of his have 60s stamps. So do a number of other Rock cymbals which do have model ink. This is one of several lines of evidence that the 60s stamps (both short and tall style) were in factory use until 1976.

Maybe he knows Paiste cymbals better. I haven't looked. :dontknow:
Ah…well, I don’t know the stamps either, and don’t know where he got his info. If you want to reach out to him, via Reverb, to help, I’m sure he’d appreciate it.

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
No offense...but the playing of these cymbals is so minimal that it's almost impossible to make any informed buying decision. But good luck to the estate.

c.wulf

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
No offense...but the playing of these cymbals is so minimal that it's almost impossible to make any informed buying decision. But good luck to the estate.
No offense taken; I didn't create the ads.

I think you're getting more than most ads on Reverb, no? For me, I just need the pitch and characteristics, and that is provided by what Michael took the time to record, but I get it, if it's not good enough for everyone.

Did you message him to ask for an additional soundfile or video? Michael is a very nice chap, so if you're a serious buyer, I'm sure he would accommodate. If you're simply browsing, and commenting on the lack of your specific needs, in the ways of advertising, please don't bother messaging him.

Last edited: