(Paiste) Ludwig Standard hats

mtarrani

DFO Master
Reaction score
I snagged a pair on a whim from eBay for $31 + shipping. I was looking for something quiet to use on my assisted living facility gigs and was pleasantly surprised to discover that they are perfect for my needs. Mine are 13" at 514 and 520 grams. They would suck if you wanted hats for just about any other use (IMHO), but for super quiet gigs they are what I wanted. The moral is one never knows where the right cymbal(s) for the job will crop up unless one keeps and open mind and takes some chances.

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of 14" Kruts, maybe a cut below these, that I picked up locally for 25. 694/704, and they sure sit low in things! I declined the seller's invitation to ream the smaller hole, which I wish I took him up on—only a MIT clutch fits, which in turn only fits on certain stands...think I'll have him do it.

mtarrani

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've got a pair of 14" Kruts, maybe a cut below these, that I picked up locally for 25. 694/704, and they sure sit low in things! I declined the seller's invitation to ream the smaller hole, which I wish I took him up on—only a MIT clutch fits, which in turn only fits on certain stands...think I'll have him do it.
Sounds like you and I have similar approaches to drumming. I am also basing that statement on your comments in the Odery thread.

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh, I like to experiment across the spectrum. I have this old 22" Remo-made-and-house-branded bass drum that I'm going to fix up today, and use it with some Pearl Export power toms for a "rock it loud" get-up. Right now, golf takes up much of my attention, and I do like to play around with the small sizes at home (and wish that I had these drums when I was doing plenty of acoustic type gigs years ago, and having to play large drums with brushes or rods!).

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
i have a set of 15" P/L hats...I think they, and the 18 C/R I got are pretty jazzy to my me (I'm not really a jazz head)...

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I've got a pair of the earlier 50's Ludwig Paiste 3 star 15" hats...paper thin. They are good for exactly what you mentioned as well Mike. I like finding little treasures like these.

Latest posts