Paiste precision 14" hi hats

gezz

DFO Master
Reaction score
No designation.. Othr than " hi hats" they are in the " Precision" range which is a slightly cheaper, smaller range than the top line sigs
I have played sig "medium hats" and the y wer OK.. But the precision hats have a touch of magic about them.. Beautiful, warm and articulate.. With the most musical sizzle when slightly open.
Please try a set if you get chance.theae are REALY special.

Gery

gretschdrummer

Reaction score
Really wonder about the line between signature and precision

Both are so expensive still
And in stores I’ve played both

it’s hard to tell the difference

Less hammering maybe??

michiganice91

Reaction score
Really wish they would bring 15" hats back to the signature line and so many others too. I won't even give the sig precisions a shot at that diameter unfortunately.

As an aside, it seems like the signature precisions have a considerably lighter weight top than the 14" signature medium hats. This could be a potential explanation for the difference you are preferring.

gezz

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes i thnk you maybe rigt about the weight..
The weight is "just right " to give them a bigger feel and a beautiful tone.
I think the hammering looks the same.
I have emailed paiste and asked if they would make me a pair of 15" hats..
I have never r had a custom order turned down yet.. I stupidly bought a pair of 15" dark energy hi hats.. I hated them!!
But I feel safe knowing the character of the signature brighter qualities.
I eventually sold the dark energy hats for 130.00 loss :(

Gerry

Black Label

Reaction score
Yes i thnk you maybe rigt about the weight..
The weight is "just right " to give them a bigger feel and a beautiful tone.
I think the hammering looks the same.
I have emailed paiste and asked if they would make me a pair of 15" hats..
I have never r had a custom order turned down yet.. I stupidly bought a pair of 15" dark energy hi hats.. I hated them!!
But I feel safe knowing the character of the signature brighter qualities.
I eventually sold the dark energy hats for 130.00 loss :(

Gerry
Wow Gezz, those 15" DE's are my dream hats. Shy did you hate them?

gezz

DFO Master
Reaction score
They wer to o earthy ans just dint lijke sound.
My giant beats (18" and 19") ans my 602 Ride jsut went so well with the precision.. The DE s didn't really.

Gerry

gezz

DFO Master
Reaction score
Just too dry and earthy for me.. I detest that bordering on " meinlish" unfocused trashy sun-dried bark.. bset way I can describe

Gerry

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Precision series is not one to overlook. I use the 18" China almost always with my Paiste setup. It seems like if the regular Sig line had a medium China, this would it. Its weighted in between the thin and heavy Sig. Super versatile and not as delicate as the Sig thin. Definitely bright and cutting, yet very smooth and shimmering.

Black Label

Reaction score
Just too dry and earthy for me.. I detest that bordering on " meinlish" unfocused trashy sun-dried bark.. bset way I can describe

Gerry
I hear you. I recently purchased a set of discontinued 15" Paiste Twenty Custom Metal hats - heavy AF but man, they produce on all fronts. Crisp (for 15"), but nicely low pitched and certainly not dry. And with all the slosh and sizzle you could ever ask for. Sorry, I' off topic here......

gezz

DFO Master
Reaction score
I hear you. I recently purchased a set of discontinued 15" Paiste Twenty Custom Metal hats - heavy AF but man, they produce on all fronts. Crisp (for 15"), but nicely low pitched and certainly not dry. And with all the slosh and sizzle you could ever ask for. Sorry, I' off topic here......
No I get exactly what you mean..

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Those are some great heavy hats... love 'em. The closest production hats that I have tried that sound like those are the Istanbul Mehmet Xperience X-Metal Heavy Hats. Sound and even look similar.

Black Label

Reaction score
Those are some great heavy hats... love 'em. The closest production hats that I have tried that sound like those are the Istanbul Mehmet Xperience X-Metal Heavy Hats. Sound and even look similar.
Yeah they definitely have a Turkish hammering style ~ especially on the underside. I've never seen those Istanbul hats, will check them out

Latest posts