Paiste Reflector Full Crash vs. Everything else

Mathew Hamilton

Reaction score
I have a 16" Paiste Reflector Full (not Heavy) crash which is easily my favorite cymbal I own. My collection is made up of Sabian, Zildjian and Paiste. Now Paiste has stopped making this line, though they continue to make the Reflector Heavy Full crash. Has anyone else used these cymbals? Is there any cymbal line that sounds similar? I was wondering about Zildjians A Custom Brilliant/Projections?

Any thoughts?

Bonzo442

Reaction score
I have a 16” signature full crash that has the reflector finish on it and haven’t looked at it in a while as it’s buried in case. I’m not sure but I think it said reflector on it? I know it sounds great too, just been using my 2oo2’s GB’s and 602’s lately. Not sure if that is exact same cymbal as you have.

mgdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had all the Sig Reflector Full crashes (16/17/18 ) and the 20” Dry ride about 10 years ago. The crashes are similar to the standard Full crashes but are a tad smoother sounding due to the Reflector finish.

michiganice91

Reaction score
I had all the Sig Reflector Full crashes (16/17/18 ) and the 20” Dry ride about 10 years ago. The crashes are similar to the standard Full crashes but are a tad smoother sounding due to the Reflector finish.
I had all of them too. They were really nice, but I think they were prone to cracking which is why they beefed them up a bit. I have heard the new ones and didnt think they sounded much different than the original fulls. Both are very nice.

Paiste 2OOO sound reflections crashes and thin crashes are very close in sound except they have a B8 twist to them.

Jdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve always found a characteristic that I really like with some of the reflectors. I’ve got a 18” Dimensions reflector that I love. Searched for quite a while to find another Dimensions reflector to compliment but haven’t found one. Ended up with a 20” Signature Reflector Heavy I picked up unseen. Was a little leary of the “heavy” moniker but I was very happy with it after playing it. I’m usually playing B8 Paiste but these are staying in the “keeper bag”.

Latest posts