Paiste rides are great

drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just received a
Paiste Sound Creation ride from a seller off reverb. The seller stated no edge damage. However after opening the package which had no damage, l discover 2 dings on the edge. I contacted the seller who asked for pictures and what can be done to make it right. This cymbal came from a well established full scale music store.
What would be fair? I suggested a 25% refund but as of yet have not heard back. View attachment 441863

bodinski

the Tingler
Reaction score
Typical Reverb these days... 3 of my last 4 purchases had undisclosed damage.

gezz

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have ordered a 22" 900 color sound purple Ride... Wow these are stellar.the paint gives much more stick!!!! And warm and musical for no t much money..

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have ordered a 22" 900 color sound purple Ride... Wow these are stellar.the paint gives much more stick!!!! And warm and musical for no t much money..
I'm not really sure if this thread is about how great Paiste rides are, or shipping damage.

So I'll go with you gezz and talk up my new to me 20" Paiste Prototype. It's an outstanding ride. I haven't seen one exactly like it because the bell is hammered, which seems unique to this Prototype cymbal. Beautiful warm tone, just a bit dark with a nice wash. I'm really happy with it. :cool:

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Never had Paiste ride shipping damage before, BUT the 22" 3000 Reflector Power Ride I once owned was the best ride in the world for loud rock music. It was fantastic! I wish I still had it, but it dropped out of the back of a van and that was the catalyst of a crack that got worse and worse over time.

The closest I could get to it was with my current rock ride, a 22" Sabian AAX Metal Ride in brilliant finish.

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
Same issue with a Paiste cymbal. Contacted the seller with no response. What to do?
in your case how bad are the edges? 25% sounds like a lot if it’s a couple of flea bites.