Paiste Signature Free Improvisation

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Tried something completely different.
Came home and a 20" Paiste Signature Full Crash was on my porch.
Went upstairs and put these cymbals up. Pushed record and this is the result. Hope you enjoy. Stick are Vater Jazz Ride
22" Paiste Signature Rough Ride..no rivets
20" Paiste Signature Full Crash
18" Paiste Signature Mellow Crash
17" Paiste Signature Fast Crash
13" Paiste Signature Medium Hi Hats
Slingerlands drums with a pearl popcorn snare off to my left

Last edited:

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Is this video worthwhile to anyone?
It was really off the cuff and no thought went into it.
Im watching it a few times and realizing Im just playing a few different grooves. That damn Memphis Drum Shop got into my subconscious. Ha ha.

I might take this down and do a real free improvisation...vs...a bunch of beats.

Should I leave video up? Is it helpful in leading to discussion of these cymbals?

Soulfinger

Reaction score
I enjoy it - well played and, as far as I can tell, a pretty good representation of the cymbals involved. So thanks and no, please don´t delete it. :)
Oh yeah, and it confirms that I really should have bought that 18" Mellow Crash for sale locally for 150,- a couple of weeks ago.
Your new 20" Full Crash is wonderful BTW!

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That full crash can do anything...it fits well with the rough ride and i could take it as a main ride with the 18 on my left and the hats for a jazz trio or quartet gig.

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Yes please leave the video up. I enjoyed it, but my enjoyment didn't rise to the level of posting because I'm in the middle of some writing for the Wiki. I took the shortcut of the like button. :angel4:

I was amazed at that 20" Full Crash too. It seems like it could be a main ride or a good choice for a one cymbal setup (with hats) if you want to go really minimalist. I had no idea.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Im actually making a play along demo
Piano trio
20" full crash
18" mellow crash/17" fast
13" hats

Ill post later

jsp210

Reaction score
I found this helpful as someone who owns and likes a 16" Fast Crash but hasn't considered other options in this line. I now have some cymbals to add to my gear want list after being content with what I'm holding. Geez, thanks a lot man :angry:

Latest posts