Paiste Signature Precision

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Are these a lower end sub-line of Signature cymbals? I had the opportunity to grab a demo model of the 18” China. Popped that motha into the sound room and sounds like a winner.

I love Signatures, but the prices have gone super-stupid; Signature Dark Energy are even higher. This was between the 900 and 2002 price point, though closer to 2002 in price. So I suppose it’s the “budget” signature!

I needed a China to add to the 26” ride/crash, 20” Heavy crash and 16” crash. Of course the common thread are my 602 hats (best hats EVER produced and is literally the bridge to all my cymbal sets.

michiganice91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Are these a lower end sub-line of Signature cymbals?
Yes, they are. Made with more hands-off production methods. If paiste prices bother you my advice is to shop used and buy when you see a good value.

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes, they are. Made with more hands-off production methods. If paiste prices bother you my advice is to shop used and buy when you see a good value.
I thought that’s what the case was.

Paiste and Sabian are literally my go to when it comes to consistency in cymbals; Paiste trips my trigger just a bit more and I have (regretfully) let go an engraved Signature china a few years back. I know this is nothing like that, but closer to that than not LOL

Paiste actually has great budget line cymbals and the Precision seems to be the highest priced “budget” line.

slinginit

Shake, bump, and shake again...
Reaction score
I think the Sig Precision will provide cut and a full presence for louder music where "nuance" and dynamic response won't be heard. Great pies for live performance. You can hear differences between the Sig and Sig P. in person, the latter being more refined and responsive across a wider range. You can also see there's less hammering/lathing on the Sig P., though they are made of the same Sig alloy.

Good cymbals overall in certain contexts.

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think the Sig Precision will provide cut and a full presence for louder music where "nuance" and dynamic response won't be heard. Great pies for live performance. You can hear differences between the Sig and Sig P. in person, the latter being more refined and responsive across a wider range. You can also see there's less hammering/lathing on the Sig P., though they are made of the same Sig alloy.

Good cymbals overall in certain contexts.
It is going into a set with a 26” crash ride, so it sounds perfect!