Paiste White Cymbals

yyUr

Reaction score
Hello. Can anyone tell me if they have any knowledge about Paiste White Cymbals. I was looking to buy one but couldn't find any info from the Paiste website.

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you can now order any cymbal in a variety of colors...I don't think there is a white line and I would imagine that with stick marks white would be PIA to keep white.

RyanLovesDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen those paiste PSTX cymbals for sale in different colors including white on Reverb/eBay. This was a while ago.

2oo2

Reaction score
Probably you can custom-order them as dtk says (be prepared to pay a lot though). I’d never buy/order a white cymbal (or any painted cymbal for that matter), but if I ever were given one I’d only use mallets on it or set it up as home/studio decoration (no sarcasm here, they look BEAUTIFUL).

Look at this, they lose significant brilliance and sustain but I actually dig the sound.

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen those before, but those are freakin' COOL!

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm surprised at how much I dislike the sound, but it's all opinion.

Dan

markkarj

Reaction score
I'd tend to think a coating of any kind is going to kill the sound. I listened to the Paiste 900 Colorsounds but they all seemed to be comatose to me. Perhaps it's someone else's taste, just not mine though.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have ordered several white cymbals over the years from Paiste. I have bought some from special runs, as well.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
Probably you can custom-order them as dtk says (be prepared to pay a lot though). I’d never buy/order a white cymbal (or any painted cymbal for that matter), but if I ever were given one I’d only use mallets on it or set it up as home/studio decoration (no sarcasm here, they look BEAUTIFUL).

Look at this, they lose significant brilliance and sustain but I actually dig the sound.

30% upcharge.

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like how they sound

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'd tend to think a coating of any kind is going to kill the sound. I listened to the Paiste 900 Colorsounds but they all seemed to be comatose to me. Perhaps it's someone else's taste, just not mine though.

There was a big difference between the natural 900s and the Colorsound ones, and I still ended up selling them. The hats were quite nice, though.

Dan

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
I knew a pasty white Irish girl once but that was a different story.

I don't like the look of colored cymbals and I would be afraid to play them fearing they would chip and peel. It would be like a mental thing for me.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
Drum Center NH has a white 602. It’s a bit of a white elephant (pun intended) with the size and designation. Not in the market. I have NEVER seen a 602 with Colorsound on it.

Soulfinger

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Apparently Phil Selway played a set of white Paistes in the early days of Radiohead.

2oo2

Reaction score
Drum Center NH has a white 602. It’s a bit of a white elephant (pun intended) with the size and designation. Not in the market. I have NEVER seen a 602 with Colorsound on it.

For that price I’d expect the border to be painted as well :bom:

paiste-formula-602-heavy-bell-13-white-custom-order-2.jpg