header.nohb.html

Paisze Signature Blue Bell Ride

scheme

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Does anyone own the Paiste Sig Blue Bell Ride? I would be interested how it compares to the different 2002 22“ Rides.

Thanks!

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have owned two. Never could coax the Stewart Copeland sound out of them. It was me, not the cymbal. That being said, a few players I know couldn't get along with it, and it's a shame. This cymbal theoretically ticks my boxes: strong bell, cool hammering and Colorsound coating, yet I couldn't wait to pass it onto the next drummer. YMMV Make certain to get serious time with one before plunking down your ducats.

TPC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve played a bunch of 22” 2002 rides, but have only played the blue bell in a shop. The blue bell was WAY pinger.

2oo2

Reaction score
I own the Signature Dry Dark Ride (precursor to the Dark Metal Ride, which the Blue Bell Ride is based on). 2002 Rides have little (if anything) in common with the Blue Bell, just two different kinds of instruments (I also owned a 2002 Heavy Ride some years ago for reference).

2002 Rides are lathed, they are washier with a long sustain, and as you move up on weight the ping becomes very strong, the wash diminishes but the sustain never fades away (reason I ended up selling my Heavy Ride, it was just too long). The Dry Dark Ride on the other hand is very pingy, with a very short sustain and almost no wash, and unless you play it loud you won't get a good sound out of it, so it's really a one-trick pony (but a pretty good one if played right).

I find the regular 2002 Ride to be much more versatile for different music genres, hope this helps.

scheme

Reaction score
Thanks so far guys! Any comparsion to the 2002 Power Ride? Since this one has also a strong bell and pingy sound.

bluejacketsfan

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks so far guys! Any comparsion to the 2002 Power Ride? Since this one has also a strong bell and pingy sound.
I'm going my memory only as I no longer own either ride, but the power ride was higher in Pitch with a bit more wash. The Bluebell ride is dry and it's a bit dark as well. I owned two of those, and I just couldn't get a sound out of that I liked. I guess it just wasn't the Copeland sound that I had in my head.

scheme

Reaction score
Just curious, are you shopping for a new paiste ride?
I‘m almost always shopping for a new Paiste ride :)

Jokes beside, I‘m thinking about getting a Blue Bell ride but I‘m not really sure if it would be different enough compared to the 2002s i own (Ride and Power Ride). In other words, it would not really make sense to own two rides sounding very close to each other.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
I‘m almost always shopping for a new Paiste ride :)

Jokes beside, I‘m thinking about getting a Blue Bell ride but I‘m not really sure if it would be different enough compared to the 2002s i own (Ride and Power Ride). In other words, it would not really make sense to own two rides sounding very close to each other.
If this helps, the Signature Blue Bell isn't even the same metal composition. The 2K2 are a B8 bronze; Signature is a proprietary bronze. Not that these metals are all that different. In other words, the Blue Bell is quite a bit different on paper.

I understand why you're asking, as this cymbal isn't something you're going to find at a store, as this is a specialized cymbal with limited appeal. If it were me, find it used.

If I may suggest this from my own experience: if you were looking for a different voice, try a 24" or larger Giant Beat. I have a 26", and she is an absolute joy to play.

Last edited:

scheme

Reaction score
If this helps, the Signature Blue Bell isn't even the same metal composition. The 2K2 are a B8 bronze; Signature is a proprietary bronze. Not that these metals are all that different. In other words, the Blue Bell is quite a bit different on paper.

I understand why you're asking, as this cymbal isn't something you're going to find at a store, as this is a specialized cymbal with limited appeal. If it were me, find it used.

If I may suggest this from my own experience: if you were looking for a different voice, try a 24" or larger Giant Beat. I have a 26", and she is an absolute joy to play.
Thanks! On the other hand, the Blue Bell and the Power Ride have a lot of similarities, both being heavy with a strong bell. I think I will stick with my Power Ride for the moment.

tapotti

Reaction score
I've owned the 2002 22" Power Bell ride. And I currently own the Sig Blue Bell and 2002 22" Ride.

Of those 3, the 22" 2002 ride is my top pick and I use it all the time.

The sig blue bell is a pingy cymbal with a somewhat "darker" pitch. It sounds better with nylon tips I think. I don't use it very often.

The Power Bell is also pingy with prolonged sustain and strong bell. I sold it after trying it out a few times