Panther's are sold

dead_head

Since DCI
Reaction score
For Sale, One 1971 Ludwig Black Panther Hollywood kit in excellent condition. 22,12,13,16, 3 ply with rings, clear maple interiors, practically new heads (g2 clear) galaxy gig bags.

There is no pitting or rips, bruises, gouges anything... it's like new. There is nothing missing and it's all original. No extra holes, no funny business at all.

I will let the new owner tell about them.

I am so glad that these didn't have to go to parts land!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :occasion5:

pete

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Re: Last Time before it become parts Vintage Ludwig

wow, another great deal and me with no money... :( :cry:

komodobob

DFO Master
Reaction score

What ever you do PLEASE don't part that kit out. I'll bet that would bring $1000 plus on ebay if it's in the condition you say it is. From the pics you posted they appear to be very nice.

dead_head

Since DCI
Reaction score

komodobob said:
What ever you do PLEASE don't part that kit out. I'll bet that would bring $1000 plus on ebay if it's in the condition you say it is. From the pics you posted they appear to be very nice.

Wish I could say I won't. I have tried it 3 times on ebay. The best it ever got to was 750 and that was with the Supra! Unfortunately, it will bring more as parts and yes, it's as clean as I say. I think I am being real fair in my price... it's gotta go and whatever it takes..... :|

LizH

DFO Master
Reaction score

Ebay is the pits lately. Total buyer's market. I'd be all over these if I could justify the purchase!

Herb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Hi - I would personally take the kit out side and take some pictures in natural light. Pay the extra $1 for supersized pictures, too. I have picked up many items and have been able to turn a profit just by taking nicer, higher res pictures. One picture of the full kit, at least one picture of each drum, a bearing edge and interior shot or two. You can then set a reasonable reserve, and even tell people what the reserve is. Some buyers won't even watch an item with a reserve because so many people set unreasonable reserves that they assume all must. How much are you quoting for shipping? That might be scaring some off, too. And if you must part the kit, I would at least try to keep the individual drums together before stripping to every individual lug, etc. There might be a few more dollars to be made this way, but remember that you will have to pay listing fees, final value fees, and paypal fees for each individual item. That can add up quickly and easily eat any possible couple extra bucks you might have made.

Unless yours is the one one that is being offered in parts right now on ebay - something else to consider. If you NEED top dollar, I wouldn't run the auction at the same time as the current ones.

Herb

dead_head

Since DCI
Reaction score

Herb said:
Unless yours is the one one that is being offered in parts right now on ebay - something else to consider. If you NEED top dollar, I wouldn't run the auction at the same time as the current ones.

Herb

Herb, Those are not mine. I have two interested people and I'm pretty sure that one will come through so they will not get parted :wink: :oops:

I really don't want to do it, hopefully one comes though and the set can remain intact.

delco

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
glad you had good luck selling... somebody got great kit!

AaronLatos

spang spang a lang
Reaction score
For sure... jazzdrummer's school has a set of black panther clear interior Ludwigs like those, except no 12" tom. They sound so good and look (to my taste) fantastic.

onemat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Man I got this old Chevette I'm gonna part out unless someone gives me $3000.00 for it by Thursday! :wink:

dead_head

Since DCI
Reaction score
Luddite said:
Ditto on that! It would have been a shame to have had to part them out.
And I broke down and sold the Supra to the new owner too so it can remain fully intact! :cry:

onemat: I had a reason for a deadline, I don't have PayPal and needed to move these before ebay goes strictly PayPal. :?

onemat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
dead_head said:
Luddite said:
And I broke down and sold the Supra to the new owner too so it can remain fully intact! :cry:

onemat: I had a reason for a deadline, I don't have PayPal and needed to move these before ebay goes strictly PayPal. :?
Oh man I was just laughing about how the kit sold after you mentioned parting it out. RE PAypal, I've said it before...it's not a big deal once you're set up. I've had nothing but good results with it, save some folks in other countries who can't follow directions.
As soft as the market seems to be, I'm glad you sold the kit intact.
Matt

agogobil

Drum Czardine
Reaction score
onemat said:
dead_head said:
Luddite said:

Oh man I was just laughing about how the kit sold after you mentioned parting it out. RE PAypal, I've said it before...it's not a big deal once you're set up. I've had nothing but good results with it, save some folks in other countries who can't follow directions.
As soft as the market seems to be, I'm glad you sold the kit intact.
Matt

I'm a firm believer in keeping kits together, snare and all. I would have especially hated to see this kit parted out, so it's now in my living room, awaiting assembly.

BEAUTIFUL! There is one tiny bit of tomtom "rash" on the kick, where the 13x9 would normally be - and I DO mean tiny - you'd have to look for it to notice. It might shine up with a bit of Armor-all. There's a bit of wear on the kick hoops, which is to be expected - nothing a little black gloss paint won't fix. Otherwise, that's IT. The condition of these drums hardly seems right for being from '71. Everything is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. Someone took a lot of TLC with these drums.

Big thanks, dead_head!

eta: If anyone needs to ship something gorilla-proof, send a note to dead_head. He can show you how to pack it. Fort Knox training, I'd imagine. ;)

delco

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see some more pics of the drums when you get 'em set up... glad they went into good hands! :D

Latest posts