Paragon Hats Question...

BoxMonster13

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was checking out hats at my local GC and tried some Paragon 14" Hats that I loved. I currently have a set of 15" vintage Zildjians that I won't be trading in, but I was thinking about augmenting my collection with a new set. The Paragon hats sound great and they are on clearance for $200, plus you get a free AAX China through a rebate (which I would probably just sell, but I think of it as more of a credit towards the hat purchase).

Has anyone played on these? Does anyone have an opinion good or bad about them, and does that price point (including the rebate) sound good? Best deal I saw on eBay was ~$230.

biggator

DFO Master
Reaction score
what size is the AAX china? you might like it.

I have an 18" AAX china, and it actually sounds a little 'too' good for my taste (I'm looking for a really trashy china.. this one sounds like a nice cymbal)

BoxMonster13

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It is a 15" AAXtreme Chinese. I haven't ever played one, but I assume it isn't a bad cymbal but I recently purchased a K Mini China so I don't need another.

gaebrel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You could probably sell the 15" AAXtreme China somewhere between $125-145 on Ebay, making your Paragon Hat purchase a mere $60-70 bucks. I say go for it.

Latest posts