Parliament Funkadelic, Galactic & Dumpstafunk: $13

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Lots of complaining here about concert prices. George Clinton is takng his retirement tour to a small amphitheater in my town. Ticketmaster just sold me two-for-one lawn “seats” for $13 and change apiece — $54 for the pair with rapacious fees!
Oh, Fishbone also on the bill — in a place so small (cap: 5000) that there’s literally no place you can’t see/hear.

This continues the best rock show of my summer, having already seen Foo Fighter and Gojira. Still to come this month and next: Iron Maiden, Heart (a $20 lawn seat show) and Social Distortion!

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Great show schedule! My Girl friend went to the Pfunk fishbone show here in philly and said it was great. Enjoy!

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I saw Pfunk back in the 90s. Good show. The crowd seemed to view me and my white friends with great curiosity.

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm a little envious myself! I've danced to Galactic, P'd with George & his mighty freak show a few times. I've never had the chance to see Dumpstafunk though. Lot's o' bass!! Enjoy!!!

Furious Styles

Reaction score
Watched George go through the motions last summer at Pitchfork. Not good - but you have to see him at least once! Nice price.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Watched George go through the motions last summer at Pitchfork. Not good - but you have to see him at least once! Nice price.
I realize that George Clinton may not be at the top of his game at 77 years old (and those aren't highway miles), but I think the band will be good. I've also been listening to quite a bit of Dumpstaphunk and Galactic this week -- and I'm looking forward to showing up early for a nice funky night!

But first, Iron Maiden on Monday!

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
Maggot Brain . 73 ? I don't remember .

This is the Funkadelic I remember from the blur

Furious Styles

Reaction score
Mouth piece from the security of his computer. Check
Your lack of self-awareness is astounding.

But go right and continue to troll in threads you really have no interest in. Also, "mouthpiece" is one word. :lol:

Bandit

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Your lack of self-awareness is astounding.

But go right and continue to troll in threads you really have no interest in. Also, "mouthpiece" is one word. :lol:
I didn't know any of the artists in the title, which is why I said "who ???". Oh, and I am very aware when I troll. Sometimes it is just fun. :)

Last edited:

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I didn't know any of the artists in the title, which is why I said "who ???". Oh, and I am very aware when I troll. Sometimes it is just fun. :)
If you like the funk with a New Orleans vibe, you should check out both Dumpstaphunk and Galactic.