Paste Blue Label 602 20" China Type

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I have an opportunity to purchase a really nice one for a good price. Do any of you use these cymbals? What are they like compared to other Chinas?

pgm554

Reaction score
From the ones I've played,they have a soft buttery feel when stuck and not an obnoxious pang.
Problem seems to be durability as they are not meant to be beat to death.
Fusion ride or occasional accent

michiganice91

Reaction score
Some of my absolute favorite china cymbals as I love the smooth sound they make, they have a really long sustain and only a very mildly trashy sound.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Clean. Is that bell keyholed or what?
I bought that -like that- off ebay- from a fella- who got it from - Curt Cress- Passport drummer- in Argentina at a gig- no kidding. It broke on stage. Possibly Curt walked offstage and gave it to him...when he got to New York he listed on ebay and I bought it..

fasten it down on stand and it sings/plays normal.
It's not keyholed it's chipped/out (lol

I'll tell ya (what I think) happened.
Two spider cracks (ignored) at bell hole went around/ met each other/ then the piece (peace) fell out.
At least the two spiders had the decency to connect and not travel down the entire cymbal and ruin the entire cymbal (Paiste precision

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I used to before- own a Sound Creation Dark China 18". Every drummer loved that cymbal. Kind of same punch here, And I had a 2000 Sound Reflections 20" which for the money was nice; and a 16" 502 which was cheap..and a..