Pat Travers 11/15/78

Beatnik

Johnson
Reaction score
Never thought I'd see this lineup again since it toured.

quote:

FresnoMediaRestoration

FYI: this film was one of the few that for whatever reason was not shot with a tripod hence the shakiness..also shot from the front row of the balcony so zooming in magnifies the slightest movement..I could subdue this issue with a stabilizer but that will soften the sheeet out of the images as well as it has to be cropped to compensate for the correction..I did not want to lose any resolution or cut all 4 sides of the image so I left it alone..If you have issues with this I suggest you move on..and not slam it..or the filmer or me..

Last edited:

Beatnik

Johnson
Reaction score
When I saw the Heat in the Street show Aldridge definitely left a serious impression on this kid, this is the first time I've seen anything at all of this tour. Next time I saw him was Ozzy/Rhoads. That I would like to find decent footage of.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Saw the band in1982 they opened for Aerosmith, they were good, that night Steven Tyler checked out on stage
Ooops.

MCP

Reaction score
That was my favorite band during this time, saw them several times.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Snorting whiskey seems like a terrible idea.

Also, Boom Boom Out Go the Lights, which I realize is an old blues song, shows just how much things have changed since that tune hit the Top 40 in 1977. I'm certain it raised eyebrows 40 years ago, but would almost certainly inspire protests, picketers and more today -- which as it should be.

"I've been lookin' for my baby all night
If I get her in my sight
Boom boom, right here, out go the lights."

utdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Saw PT open for Foghat in '76 or so but I was there for Foghat. PT came out and burned down the Coliseum. Short break then Foghat takes the stage. It was like watching a garage band after Travers. Almost embarrassing. You could tell Foghat knew they had been upstaged. Good ticket that night but there was a clear winner.
OTOH, I read sometime ago that Tommy Aldridge has played the same solo for some 40 years now. i say what a solo!

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
Here in Ottawa Pat was turning everybody's head at sixteen playing in the band Red Hot . Boom Boom is a fairly accurate depiction of the shenanigans at the Chaudiere Golf Club ( ' The Shod' ) where we'd hunt for romance and adventure .

He was in my rehearsal room coupla years ago ... we jammed All Along the Watchtower and other blues . The guy is a force of nature , out Hendrixed Hendrix and then some .

Aldridge ?? for those who know, no words are necessary .

Last edited:

latzanimal

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Halfway between the Quads and the Windy City...
When I saw the Heat in the Street show Aldridge definitely left a serious impression on this kid, this is the first time I've seen anything at all of this tour. Next time I saw him was Ozzy/Rhoads. That I would like to find decent footage of.
Is it safe to assume you've seen all of these.... Tommy playing on a set of rosewood Phonics.

Beatnik

Johnson
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume you've seen all of these.... Tommy playing on a set of rosewood Phonics.

Thanks, I have that and it's great, but what I want is the big arena show like I saw on tour. I do have the Gillis stuff.

Last edited:

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
The audio quality is surprisingly good for something shot from the balcony. I've liked Travers ever since "Go for What You Know" came out and I discovered his music. I don't think anybody has merged hard rock and blues any better than this. Not even Hendrix or Zep.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
The audio quality is surprisingly good for something shot from the balcony. I've liked Travers ever since "Go for What You Know" came out and I discovered his music. I don't think anybody has merged hard rock and blues any better than this. Not even Hendrix or Zep.
How about Gary Moore, Gary Clark Jr., Reignwolf, Gov't Mule, South Mississippi, Clutch, the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Cactus or Black Sabbath?

Latest posts