Patrick McGoohan

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Love this guy givin' the 'ole stink-eye...

Stink_Eye.JPG

...You can almost read his mind, "Hmmmph, 'nuther Morello wanna be!"

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
...and that was Richard Attenborough, of "The Great Escape" fame (among other movies) sitting behind that guy.
Pretty good solo! Never knew he could play.

Elvis

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Loved The Prisoner. I need to watch Danger Man and Ice Station Zebra, when I can find the time.

gezz

DFO Master
Reaction score
When I was really little I remember this dude getting chased across a beach with massive plastic spheres? I Am sure anyway..

Gerry

gezz

DFO Master
Reaction score
Man..ther is something disturbing/unnerving about that show... I kinda feel spooked by it..
What the hell was it about? Sci fi? Or just plain nuts? Thanks for posting that..interesting..
Gerry

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I watched this movie last night via Amazon ($3.99 rental). It was pretty good. McGoohan plays a real P.O.S. guy (who, of course, is a drummer) that attempts to manipulate everyone around him at a party, trying to get a married couple to break up because he needs the wife to return to singing jazz so he can get her into his band and land a big gig. McGoohan even gets a "friend" to take up smoking weed again. The story is based on Othello. Dave Brubeck shows up and plays a version of "It's a Raggy Waltz". "Chas" Mingus is also hanging around.

Two drum sets are on display. I think one was a Trixon (maybe) but in standard sizes, not conical or egg shaped, and the other a Sonor. I'm not that up on European made drums to say for sure. One set used a very early "power tom" on the bass drum. There was also a set of Ludwig (or WFL) timbales put to use at one point.

Overall, I enjoyed it, worth the four bucks rental. Decent story (Shakespeare after all) and some cool jazz of the era.

Latest posts