Patriotic kits: RED WHITE BLUE

atomicdave

DFO Star
Reaction score
Anyone play a special color kit this 4th (or before)? I know there are some Slingerland and Ludwig bicentennial kits here, so lets see what ya got. I throw togethor a kit each year for a grand party we play, last year was clear floor tom/red bass drum/blue rack (i think). This year the bass drum was a Zickos, blue vista rack, and red vista floor tom, and some sparkle with Ludwig silver sparkle cut into an 8x14 slotted shell for extra glitza and volume for outdoor gig.

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
Can't believe no one else was on this! Wish I had some of those centennials. I thought about putting together some red sling's and blue gretsch I have for a gig Saturday but never got around to it.

bermuda

Pro
Reaction score
And, not my kit, but Dennis St John's Slingerland All-American kit from 1972:

Bermuda

atomicdave

DFO Star
Reaction score
killer Ludwig kit Bermuda! There was a late 60's keystone in same combo wrap at a DCI flea market years ago, I was offered it for like 400 WITH a 400 (supra) but passed in lieu of some blue vista (i think)...1976 was a great year (from what little I remember, i think kindergarden overwhelmed me that year)

PsychRed

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Bermuda... that's a KILLER kit man, most excellent! :occasion5:

Atomic': I dig the jelly bean Vista setup as well, great idea. :smile:

trixonian

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm really diggin' the striped kits, thanks for posting them.

Here's my contribution. I've yet to use it on a July 4th gig, we had a holiday this year. Please ignore the green snare, I have a red one too!

thebeebe5

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've posted this before.... Too lazy to make a new picture to include other RWB snares so this is all I have. Wish I had a RWB kit so I could make a better showing.... <_<

BrianOwens

Drumsforever
Reaction score
How about Buddy Miles's very patriotic Rogers kit? A 60's iconic drum kit that I wish I owned!
View attachment 105826
Here is the best scoop out there about Buddy's kit:

*A story about this set..I know this for a fact,the Buddy Miles set you are asking about was custom finish by a man of the name of Roy Harte the owner of Drum City in Hollywood, Ca.The store has closed down about 8 years ago when Mr. Harte passed away. The story he told me was in the late 60s Mr.Miles and Roy were friends and Roy did all the work on Buddy drums. He wanted a custom finish set of drums but Rogers would not do it,so Buddy went to Roy with what he wanted on the set of Rogers. They were black-Buddy came up with a 60's Peace themed set he wanted...The drums were not painted, it's all stickers put over the black plastic with in three or so weeks Roy finished the set and Buddy love it is the only one made like it in the world...i'm not sure what happen to the set...

*Source- http://www.vintagedr...ead.php?t=13248

bermuda

Pro
Reaction score
No recordings with them, and only used on a few appropriate local gigs. The last time I played them was July 4, 2009.

HotpotDavid

Reaction score
I saw this nice patriotic kit on ebay if anyone is looking for one. Free shipping too! Only $99,999.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebay link

Latest posts