Paul Francis left Zildjian?

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

The man behind most concepts we now in this day and age.

Kind of a shock. I have quite a lot of Sound Lab prototypes he invented and created (he was the master smith too).

@John DeChristopher ?

Last edited:

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

The man behind most concepts we now in this day and age.

Kind of a shock. I have quite a lot of Sound Lab prototypes he invented and created (he was the master smith too).
It'll be very interesting to see where he lands.

Mn02

Reaction score
That is a surprise. I used to work up the road from the zildjian factory and would often see Paul taking walks around lunchtime. I was so tempted to pull over and fanboy out, having seen him in so many product vids over the years.

mikeylicious78

Reaction score
Although the probability of him doing so is low, I think it’d be neat if he went independent.

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend (and old band mate) whose brewery Paul would frequent told me he hasn't seen him in a while.
Very weird.

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This is actually shocking. Gary Husband hinted at something like this and could be one of the reasons why he left for Paiste.

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've known about this for a while. I don't understand the logic behind it. He was the public face of the company. He knew his craft, could discuss the product line in depth and was highly respected, to my knowledge. Someone would need really big shoes to try to follow Paul. None of the family, to my knowledge, can do so.

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've known about this for a while. I don't understand the logic behind it. He was the public face of the company. He knew his craft, could discuss the product line in depth and was highly respected, to my knowledge. Someone would need really big shoes to try to follow Paul. None of the family, to my knowledge, can do so.
And he was an actual cymbal smith.

Its like when they let go of Tina and Sarah, the A&R reps in the US and Europe/UK.

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
And he was an actual cymbal smith.

Its like when they let go of Tina and Sarah, the A&R reps in the US and Europe/UK.
Were Paul and Sarah let go or did they quit?

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My source told me he didn't quit.
That is probable that he was let go . There are not a lot of openings for someone with his particular skill set , so why would he quit ?