Paypal "gift option"

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I know this has been a hotly debated topic! My last few sales through DFO have resulted in the buyer voluntarily sending a bit more to cover those fees, even though I never ask for it. I like to think that the majority of buyers are aware of the fees and make appropriate payment. When they do, it's greatly appreciated!

While eBay is one of the best ways to sell to a large audience, sometimes the cost of doing business with them isn't worth it!

-Mark

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number
You can also add the 3% as a buyer and pay using regular paypal, and you are protected. The seller gets the total they want, and the buyer has protection, if they want. Simple enough.
This is how I have handled it when sellers have said they strongly prefer Friends'n'Family payment. If I want the thing, what do I care about an extra 10 bucks on my end to keep my shorts from getting run up the flagpole?

Of course, I've seen sellers who say "No F&F, No Deal", but I'm not interested in finding out why they insist on those terms even at no cost to them.

Spongebob

DFO Master
Reaction score
With the rising costs of shipping, packing materials, gasoline, et al , 3% can cut into someone's profit. It may sound petty on a $30 item ($0.90) but on a sale of let's say $3000 ($90), then it becomes significant enough to both parties. Who wants to pay an extra $90 if you don't have to? Adversely, who's willing to forfeit $90 in profit? Heck, $90 could be the difference between profit, break even or loss.

But that's not the whole issue of this thread, which was already presented, addressed and laid to rest.

Spongebob

DFO Master
Reaction score
Right is right.
Wrong is wrong.
There is no such thing as "situational ethics".
"You" are either on the correct path or "you" are not.
No amount of gesticulational reasoning will divert logic and reason from the equation. We all learned this as children.

Bottom line - it is ALWAYS up to an individual to do what is right.

Live with the man "you" choose to be. Either "you" choose to to do what is right or "you" don't. "Your" call.

... and for the record ... it ain't up to me to weigh in on "your" choice. "Your" life ... "Your" choices ... "Your" path. "Your" earned consequences - both good and bad.

so now I'm on the incorrect path and unethical? Wow!

And as long as we're quoting:
"Better a Humble Sinner than a Self-Righteous Saint"

Last edited:

Spongebob

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was born at night. Just that it wasn't last night so "you" can play cute with all the semantics "you" want for hypocrisy is the contrivance of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, while concealing real character or inclinations, especially with respect to religious and moral beliefs.

Not directed at any one specific person here. Merely a point of reference.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
ok, let's not get crazy here. It is just a simple policy and I think it is the right one, but have said before, buyers and sellers can split the fee.
that would keep costs down and the buyer still has protection.

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I prefer that buyers use regular PayPal as the shipping discount you get is often more that the 3% fee.

Latest posts