Paypal "gift option"

Status
Not open for further replies.

michiganice91

Reaction score
I think I may have stumbled upon the problem.

You must be using a different brand Paypal than me.

Because I have never, as a buyer or a seller, paid for "buyer protection".

In fact, I have never even seen an option to pay for "buyer protection".

Glad I can finally put this behind me!
Paypal is happy to charge the seller for the buyers protection as their default setting. End of story. Thats why paypal sucks.

michiganice91

Reaction score
What are the hidden fees?
For one they have a different fee schedule and "conversion spread" depending on what country and what method you send money. As far as I can tell its nearly impossible to make sense of any of it before you pay someone. This is less apparent with domestic payments. Also they change their policies at will and dont disclose what they're clearly and actually doing to their customers' money.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
For one they have a different fee schedule and "conversion spread" depending on what country and what method you send money. As far as I can tell its nearly impossible to make sense of any of it before you pay someone. This is less apparent with domestic payments. Also they change their policies at will and dont disclose what they're clearly and actually doing to their customers' money.
I suppose that's important if you do a lot of international buying and selling...
As far as the seller paying for the buyer's protection; this is a positive for the seller...it encourages sales and, rightly so, makes the buyer feel confident about sending money to random strangers on the internet.
The only safe way for a buyer to pay for internet sales, as far as I know, is PayPal orva credit (not debit) card.
All other payment methods like venmo (which is owned by paypal), western union, cash app, etc., are unsecured for the buyer.
As a frequent seller, I'm happy to pay the 3% for PayPal.

michiganice91

Reaction score
It’s real simple though. Mark your selling price up about 4% higher, and magically the buyer is paying the fees.
It is real simple, two honest adults doing business without any middle men or fees needed. When you have nothing but impeccable and consistently positive feedback and proof of such feedback there is no need to give money to paypal. But you guys are more than welcome to do so. I'll keep doing business my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts