PayPal Shipping Label Help Please

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Someone here was kind enough to buy an item from me via PayPal. I want to use the UPS shipping label discount through the PayPal site however I was charged 33% more than the quoted price. Can someone with PayPal label experience please explain how this works. Is their quote an estimate? Will I actually be refunded the difference if my weight and measurements check out? Thanks kindly.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually you are initially charged the higher rate, but then the amount taken from your PayPal should be the quoted rate from the print shipping label.

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Usually you are initially charged the higher rate, but then the amount taken from your PayPal should be the quoted rate from the print shipping label.
Interesting. And thanks for the response.

The site stated (example):
Label cost: 3.00
Discount: 1.00
Total Cost: 2.00

I then get charged 3.00 on my PayPal account. I’m hearing you say I should be being charged the 2.00. Does that sound right?

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I confirmed that the higher rate is charged or at least held and the discount rate is applied once the package dimensions and weight are confirmed. For the benefit of others, I’ll follow up with additional intel if there is any deviation. Next is to learn about purchasing multiple labels when selling a drum set. Experience is welcomed for that as well.

greegor

Reaction score
I'd like to hear how this goes shipping a full fit. I've lost a couple sales because of shipping hassles.