Paypal won't give me my $.67 back

trixonian

DFO Master
Reaction score
Please pardon the hyperbole in the thread title. Paypal is requiring me to create some sort of account to get the remaining $.67 of a refund issued to me. Paypal will not transfer it back to my bank account because it is under $1.

I noticed a while back that my bank account is being billed 2x for ebay transactions. It appears paypal is billing taxes separately. If one makes more than one ebay purchase at the same time, it's a little confusing.

Has anyone else noticed this new "red tape?" I know it's not a big deal, but I find it annoying.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Please pardon the hyperbole in the thread title. Paypal is requiring me to create some sort of account to get the remaining $.67 of a refund issued to me. Paypal will not transfer it back to my bank account because it is under $1.

I noticed a while back that my bank account is being billed 2x for ebay transactions. It appears paypal is billing taxes separately. If one makes more than one ebay purchase at the same time, it's a little confusing.

Has anyone else noticed this new "red tape?" I know it's not a big deal, but I find it annoying.
How bout if somebody deposits $.33 to your Paypal? (Assuming the $.67 is already in your Paypal account) That will bring it up to $1.00 and you should be able to withdraw then. Don't know if it will work but it's an idea!

trixonian

DFO Master
Reaction score
How bout if somebody deposits $.33 to your Paypal? (Assuming the $.67 is already in your Paypal account) That will bring it up to $1.00 and you should be able to withdraw then. Don't know if it will work but it's an idea!

Yeah, I figure at some point I will get another refund that should bump me up to a dollar. Meanwhile, Paypal probably has a lot of money sitting in these <$1 accounts.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
PayPay is slowly, incrementally but very surely turning into on online Mafia and like most Mafias it is better to not mess with them. Forget your .67 cents.

bubo

Reaction score
lrod1707 said:

Yeah, I figure at some point I will get another refund that should bump me up to a dollar. Meanwhile, Paypal probably has a lot of money sitting in these <$1 accounts.
I am willing to donate the $0,33 to your Paypal, just to see how this one turns out...

Really no sarcasm here.

trixonian

DFO Master
Reaction score
LOL, no that won't be necessary. I just don't care for them splitting transactions into 2 parts. Each transaction shows up twice on the bank account, and it's just messy. The hostage $.67 is just a byproduct. I could create whatever account they want me to make, if I was really worried about it.

Latest posts