PDP Concept Maple Classics

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts who own them? I've been eyeing them up for a while but only been able to play them in a local GC. Have a chance to grab a monster set with a 26" kick, 13, 16, 18 for under $600.

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They look great and are priced great but I haven't really been mad about the sound of them on any YouTube clips.

I've no personal experience with them so they may be the dogs Bo..ox..

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts who own them? I've been eyeing them up for a while but only been able to play them in a local GC. Have a chance to grab a monster set with a 26" kick, 13, 16, 18 for under $600.
I have been fairly open on here about my take. I currently run a 24,12,13,14,16.
I am looking for a 22 in Natural.

This is without a doubt one of the best performing kits I have ever laid a stick on.
It is sensitive and has a nice top end for power.
Extremely warm and has plenty of resonance.
An outstanding punch and plenty of roundness.
There is a pureness to the tone of these. Hard to put into words.

It has the punch and warmth of a vintage kit ... but it has the sustain and sensitivity of a modern kit.

I absolutely love playing this kit.

The wood hoops will keep you tensioning the drums a bit more often than say die cast or other metals. But it is so worth it.

Not only would I jump at that kit for the price, but I would bring tacos as a thank you.

Here is a review I posted.

Last edited:

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I owned a 13/16/18/26 config for a while, and I was thoroughly impressed with them, especially for the price. They were every resonant and extremely lightweight. They also looked real cool. I'd likely still own them were it not for the large 26" BD pushing my 13" too far to the left. The wooden hoops do make the drums stand taller than metal hoops.

My only (perhaps unjustified) concerns about them were the cheap-ish stamped hoop claws and the possible difficulty getting a replacement hoop should one fail. But aside from those concerns, I think they're a great set of drums.

20161005_182447 1.jpg

dustjacket

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a bop kit version. I agree with the woody pure tone. Kinda like little cannons.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I owned a 13/16/18/26 config for a while, and I was thoroughly impressed with them, especially for the price. They were every resonant and extremely lightweight. They also looked real cool. I'd likely still own them were it not for the large 26" BD pushing my 13" too far to the left. The wooden hoops do make the drums stand taller than metal hoops.

My only (perhaps unjustified) concerns about them were the cheap-ish stamped hoop claws and the possible difficulty getting a replacement hoop should one fail. But aside from those concerns, I think they're a great set of drums.

View attachment 415588
I love the look. Reminds me of Levons old ludwig kit but I havent seen nor heard them in person

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have been fairly open on here about my take. I currently run a 24,12,13,14,16.
I am looking for a 22 in Natural.

This is without a doubt one of the best performing kits I have ever laid a stick on.
It is sensitive and has a nice top end for power.
Extremely warm and has plenty of resonance.
An outstanding punch and plenty of roundness.
There is a pureness to the tone of these. Hard to put into words.

It has the punch and warmth of a vintage kit ... but it has the sustain and sensitivity of a modern kit.

I absolutely love playing this kit.

The wood hoops will keep you tensioning the drums a bit more often than say die cast or other metals. But it is so worth it.

Not only would I jump at that kit for the price, but I would bring tacos as a thank you.

Here is a review I posted.

hahaha! That's quite a ringing endorsement! Thanks.

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

View attachment 415588

Was the 26" pretty easy to dial in? I had an older 26" Leedy that took some tweaking to get it to my liking.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Was the 26" pretty easy to dial in? I had an older 26" Leedy that took some tweaking to get it to my liking.
I don't recall having any problems tuning it at medium tension. It definitely had a big boom, which you'd expect from a 26". I liked it a lot for what it was.

Latest posts