Pdp CX Maple vs Concept Maple

Rmgreg

Reaction score
Is the CX Maple just the predecessor to the newer Concept maple? Are they the same level kit? Stumbled on the made in Mexico cx maple and wondering how it compares to the new concept maple.

Attachments

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think the Mexico ones are better. They used the same maple that DW used on their pro drums, as opposed to the "European" maple they're using now. And the build quality was really good.

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
Ive had several CX sets and a Concept.
Both fit,and finish on the sets were wonderful.
I had a terrible time with the Concepts,getting a tone or note from the Concept bass drum,it was nearly impossible.
Never had any problems with the CXs,tuned up fine,responsive,punchy,Concepts not so much.
That was my experience with them.

Rmgreg

Reaction score
Personally, I think the Mexico ones are better. They used the same maple that DW used on their pro drums, as opposed to the "European" maple they're using now. And the build quality was really good.
Any idea on value? I'm finding out what exactly is included.

backtodrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've had a made in Mexico LX set for over 20 years and they are wonderful sounding drums in everyway! They have been set up next to my buddies DW collectors set many times on stages (I play left handed) and there is not a lot of difference in sound between the two kits. We use the same heads and tuning for the most part.

mydadisjr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had an MX and a LX set... both were great. Shoulda kept the LX kit. Also had a PLATINUM PDP set, those are VERY COOL (but are the same MIM maple shells as LX, I think).

I owned a PDP Concept 10 lug Maple lacquer finish snare, it was totally boring. I donated it to my local community college and still play it occasionally, it is a completely uninspiring drum (looks good tho).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PDP MIM PLATINUM DRUM SET:

hdsdtkzvsr1kmnqjyxvo.jpg